Note: Mumsnet has not checked the knowledge, experience or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk, so this is not necessarily the best place to seek help if you're feeling seriously distressed or suicidal. Mumsnet cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you need help urgently, please see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice and support.

Not Driving Away!

(474 Posts)
Pumble Sat 13-Jul-13 14:21:09

P1 splashing in the paddling pool and P2 having a nap. So pleased to be back and they are so pleased to be with each other again.

Can't believe we got to 1000 posts! You need to change your nn now too don't you wylye ?!

Pumble Mon 30-Sep-13 14:04:22

I'm always disappointed with the rose on my watering cans. (Should we be worried we are discussing watering cans wink?!)

magimedi Mon 30-Sep-13 19:54:04

You need a flat oval rose, not a round one.

I worked in nurseries, lovely plant ones, not child ones, for years. A good rose is amazing - especially if you get into propagation - of plants -

Oh the scope for double entendres!

This is what I want for Christmas & am sending the link to DH!!

www.haws.co.uk/products/metal_cans_for_outdoors/3-5litre_long_reach_can.html

He's going to faint when he sees the price - but over 20 years it's a bargain!

LongTailedTit Mon 30-Sep-13 20:19:17

Evening all!
I like all this watering can chat, v civilised! My Haws has a rubbish round rose that I've misplaced, I hadn't thought of trying an oval one. Geeeeenius.

Five good days Pumble, whoop whoop! thanks wine cake

Feeling grim here, I look ridiculously pregnant but am only 9 weeks. Full of gas and water retention, eurgh! I could pass for 5 months gone, easily.
I've just been moping around and whingeing to DH, I know I didn't feel this bad last time! And every time I say that to anyone, they always, without fail, say "It's a girl then". confused

rowrowrowtheboat Mon 30-Sep-13 22:13:42

Evening. Loving the Haws can, just like the MIL's. Can we do a bulk deal? wink

Hang on in there longtailedtit,.

magimedi Mon 30-Sep-13 22:34:33

Sorry to hear about the bloat, LTT.

Just to cheer you I am waaaaay beyond the age of even a miracle baby & when I came home from my hols my neighbour (& good mate) asked if I was up the duff as French bread had upset me so much I looked 6 months gone. Try a couple of days of no bread.

Pumble Mon 30-Sep-13 22:56:47

Six good days grin

A bulk buy seems a great idea!!

I do so enjoy the 'its definitely a girl/boy' thing.... wink Sorry about bloating though- no bright ideas from me I'm afraid. The thing is that last time you weren't running after a small person all day either so bound to be that much harder.

Now you've sorted our watering cans magi any other necessities we should have for our gardening? smile

magimedi Tue 01-Oct-13 07:48:05

A decent pair of secateurs. And cut properly with them when pruning anything. For roses (& everything else ) a sloping cut just above & facing away from a bud. This means water will not constantly drip off the cut on to the bud & wreck it.

Felco are the rolls royce of secateurs. I have had mine for 20+ years. I keep them by my side more carefully than any PFB. They have been back for a service once (£15). They are amazing & I would have them before anything else in the garden, watering can included).

www.worldoffelco.co.uk/?gclid=CKay6smE9bkCFU_HtAodB0QAaw

Six days is amazing - crossing fingers for a week.

I am going shopping for a new waterproof jacket today. Old one is now v old & no longer does its job. I hate shopping, so wish me luck.

rowrowrowtheboat Tue 01-Oct-13 07:59:58

Six days yey!

Waterproof jacket eh? I bought one last week to replace my faithful lightweight one (the heavier one was too hot for the school run). I felt brave so tried on bright pink and a lovely stranger turned round and said buy it, so I did! I love it. Do they do a bright pink watering can?

Have you had your wedding celebrations yet Magi?

Pumble Tue 01-Oct-13 22:43:17

Seven good days grin

Pumble Tue 01-Oct-13 22:44:44

How did the jacket hunt go magi any luck?

What a great thing for a stranger to say row too.

magimedi Tue 01-Oct-13 22:48:00

SEVEN GOOD DAYS!!!!!!

cake wine cake wine cake wine

That's a whole week!!!!!!!

Yippee doo dah day!!!

Got jacket - sadly it's black (my unfavourite colour) but was in sale & fits well & it lightweight & breatheable & totally practical so all is OK.

LongTailedTit Wed 02-Oct-13 12:38:19

Seven good days is FAB, I hope we're onto the eighth.

Glad everyone's got their waterproofs sorted, I bought a Didriksons coat after MN persuaded me last year, hoping it'll still fit me over the winter, I might need to make some kind of bump extension panel...

We're in holiday countdown here, off for a week on Friday, so making lists and figuring out what/who we can fit in the car. DH is off work already, so hopefully his body alarm will have slowed down by then - he was up at 6 this morning! V uncivilised.

Did you get an appointment with the Doc about ADs in the end Pumble? How do you feel about the idea?

magimedi Mon 07-Oct-13 08:17:22

How are things, Pumble & everyone?

Really misty here this morning, but blue sky & sunny above so am hoping it will clear to a nice day. I'm loving this warm spell - cheats a bit off winter.

Pumble Mon 07-Oct-13 14:32:58

Hi all

We are doing ok. Very much taking one day at a time (sometimes one hour) but getting through each day with some smiles. Pumblette 1 and 2 have started really making each other laugh which makes it all worth it.

I'm still shredding...gone back to the start with heavier weights and I AM going running this evening when pumblettes are in bed....it's been ages so I'm very very nervous but now I've told you I have to go!!

Not gone to the GP again yet although I'm definitely thinking about it.

It's a beautiful afternoon here - hope it is with you all too. smile

Pumble Mon 07-Oct-13 19:43:56

And 2.6 mile run complete grin. It was utterly wonderful. Coming back to a screaming pumblette2 less so!

magimedi Tue 08-Oct-13 11:40:09

Just wonderful, Pumble - love the idea of one day or one hour at a time.

Thrilled to hear you are back to running - you shame me!

Yet another lovely day here, hope it is with everyone else as well.

rowrowrowtheboat Wed 09-Oct-13 10:53:28

Glad you enjoyed the run Pumble.

I've been making the most of the weather too. I have cut down some decorative firs that have outgrown their welcome in the garden. The tallest was my height. Two were either side of a cherry tree and looked ridiculous. So, I now need to decide what to put either side of the cherry tree. I want something long flowering, that won't grow more than 1 metre. I'm thinking scented roses (though in my last garden I concluded I didn't suit roses too well, I don't think I prune well enough as they looked really straggly), or fuschia. Any ideas anyone?

<Off to rest aching limbs>

rowrowrowtheboat Tue 15-Oct-13 19:49:26

The sun has shone today, how is everyone?

magimedi Tue 15-Oct-13 22:21:33

I am fine - but might kill DH if he snores again tonight! He woke me up with ZZZZZZZZ THREE times last night. angry

magimedi Wed 16-Oct-13 10:51:47

Morning! DH is still alive grin

Slept right through last night so am in a much better mood!

rowrowrowtheboat Wed 16-Oct-13 11:25:16

Phew, I'd been listening out for news on the radio of a man killed in his sleep mid snore. wink

rowrowrowtheboat Fri 18-Oct-13 20:19:01

Hey Pumble, how are you doing? Got some warm brownies to tempt you.

magimedi Mon 28-Oct-13 19:49:33

Waving at all of you - had more than a week of v.v.v bad internet connection - AND IT STILL ISN'T AS IT SHOULD BE!!!

I am ashamed of the rages I have had .............. I can not believe how isolated I feel with out the internet, despite having gone to the library to catch up a couple of times. blush

Survived the storm - awake for the majority of last night & trees & fences all down around us but walking along the sea front today was just amazing.

Look forward to hearing how you are all doing.

magimedi Tue 29-Oct-13 19:39:20

B U M P!!

rowrowrowtheboat Tue 29-Oct-13 21:23:23

Bumpety bump.

<waves back>

All ok here, No real news. Wish I could see the sea envy but enjoying the heart of England instead.

Come on girls. How are the rest of you doing?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now