Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

How to get Wellbutrin privately in the UK

(36 Posts)
cornflakes99 Fri 05-Jul-13 16:17:10

Hi,

I'm wanting to get some wellbutrin in the UK and for various reasons I would like to go privately.

I previously lived overseas where they would prescribe it as anti-depressant (I believe in the UK the NHS just prescribe it for giving up smoking), but am now back in the UK and getting low on my "stash". I really don't want to go onto any other types of anti-depressant which are available in the UK as I've had real problems with the side-effects and Wellbutrin has been the only drug I've been able to tolerate long term.

Can anyone recommend me a doctor who will prescribe Wellbutrin (e.g. psychiatrist etc.). Ideally someone in London or the South East.

Also if anyone knows of a reputable / reliable online site that i could order it that would be much appreciated, although at least initially I am keen to go via a doctor as i'm wanting to explore getting the dose dropped.

Many thanks smile

MeantToStopAtTwo Sun 21-Jul-13 14:02:13

I was in a similar situation a few years ago. I'm about to PM you my doctor's details...

lymeregis Fri 16-Aug-13 08:16:23

I'm in the same position, MeantToStopAtTwo would you PM me.
Thx

topsi Sun 18-Aug-13 17:40:00

me too please x

Sneepy Mon 19-Aug-13 10:36:37

Just came on to post similar. Going to my gp as soon as kids are back in school & can get referral. Is the dr who prescribes in London?? Thx.

MeantToStopAtTwo Thu 22-Aug-13 23:44:20

Yes, in Central London. So many people have contacted me about this now, the guy must be wondering what's going on! But I'm very happy to help, just PM away.

Abitstressed Fri 23-Aug-13 13:30:14

Ooo can I get details too? Many thanks- maybe we should, get shares in this guy's private medical practice! X

jules634 Mon 13-Jan-14 22:25:16

Hi

Could I please also have the details of the Dr who will prescribe Wellbutrin for depression.

Thank you

bluebell234 Tue 14-Jan-14 00:21:48

I have taken wellbutrin in the past and found it very good, in fact I cant tolerate medicines easily.
once a gp told me it contains amphetamine, it scared me a bit, I wonder if that's correct.

Sleepless1nSurrey Thu 16-Jan-14 21:43:30

Hi ladies I have actually just joined mumsnet so I could join this discussion! Hope u don't mind but I would love to get this doctor's details too if u could pm me. Have been looking everywhere to find wellbutrin in uk as don't want ssris due to existing issues with weight and libido! Thank you x

kalove0 Sun 19-Jan-14 01:30:23

Hi, I know I'm a bit late joining this discussion, but I have had such a hard time getting my doctor to prescribe me wellbutrin, I would be so greatful if you could also pm me the deatils of a doctor that would be willing to prescribe it, thank you so much x

Iggity Sun 19-Jan-14 01:43:40

Can you not ask your GP to prescribe Zyban? It is identical to Wellbutrin SR unless you were taking Wellbutrin XR which is once daily.
Also it doesn't contain amphetamine but chemical structure is similar.

CLT Wed 26-Feb-14 00:14:02

I would be grateful if you could pass on the doctors details too. I've got the exact same problem ! many thanks

k1234 Tue 08-Apr-14 12:40:01

Hi, I've been struggling for 10 years with this condition and my GP is unwilling to prescribe. Please can you also send me the Doctor's details?
Thanks!

AngeR79 Mon 14-Apr-14 20:37:00

Anyone know a Dr around Glasgow who is for using Wellbutrin? Was on it in the US, but have been here in the UK for over 6 years and ping ponging between various things that only work short term and have caused about 50lbs in weight gain and no sex life.

LisC Sat 24-May-14 18:44:02

Hi MeanttoStopatTwo, please could you also send me that GP's details.

MANY THANKS x

NewName123 Thu 29-May-14 10:42:23

would it be ok to post the Dr's details on this thread or provide a link to his details. I am unable to PM the poster for some reason?

YesAnastasia Thu 29-May-14 10:48:10

There are so many people (women?) who want this prescription, I don't understand the problem. Aren't GPs 'allowed' to prescribe it?

I haven't asked mine yet but I have done my (internet) research and it sounds perfect for me. In fact I have used it once for quitting smoking but it didn't work for that (only pregnancy did).

NewName123 Thu 29-May-14 14:41:30

in the UK they are only allowed to prescribe a short course of it for smoking cessation. There were concerns about it's long term use I think but is available in the US.

YesAnastasia Thu 29-May-14 14:50:03

I have seen it on sites to buy online. That's bad isn't it? Or not? It's illegal right?

NewName123 Fri 30-May-14 18:04:27

It's legal. If you find a good site then ok but so many fake medicines around these days. Also I am on other medication as well and would prefer to have someone monitor me swapping from one to another.

Ladyfoxglove Mon 02-Jun-14 16:18:27

Can I jump on this thread and ask for the doctor's details too? I'm in exactly the same boat as other posters - daren't order it on-line though as there are so many fake/fraudulent websites out there.

denisemoye Wed 04-Jun-14 16:25:45

Just waiting for my doctor to phone me as i came off citalopram 6 weeks ago (due to the side effects) and just had a major panic attack this afternoon. Was looking up alternative antidepressants and wellbutrin has come up as one of the best ones. I expect my doctor will say no so in antipation of this, could i have the doctor's number too?

NewName123 Sat 07-Jun-14 10:52:09

Please xxxx

KTS1967 Mon 23-Jun-14 14:53:44

I am also in the same boat re Wellbutrin. Please could someone let me have the doctor's contact details? Thank you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now