Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

depression or thyroid problems?

(9 Posts)
frustratedashell Sun 30-Jun-13 19:46:54

Thanks. I've not heard much from my partner today. That doesn't help and it's winding me up now!

yamsareyammy Sun 30-Jun-13 19:38:51

It does sound like a double dose. Hand holding.

frustratedashell Sun 30-Jun-13 19:32:55

Yes I have a long history of depression. On quite a high dosage of AD. 150 of sertraline

yamsareyammy Sun 30-Jun-13 18:57:31

Definite yes to thyroid.
Not so sure about the depression. But you are on ADs, so presumably the doctor thinks so?

frustratedashell Sun 30-Jun-13 18:45:24

Yes I'm on AD . I think it's probably a combination of both. Feel tired lethargic and low. And bad memory, cold and not much interest in anything. The symptoms are similar, I've looked into it. Plus I miss my partner.

yamsareyammy Sun 30-Jun-13 15:20:41

I have a little knowledge of both, but not much.
And I wouldnt say they have much in common.

I would see how your upped dose of thyroxine goes.

Are you on ADs?

Do you want to say here what your symptoms are?

frustratedashell Sun 30-Jun-13 14:56:44

I've had blood tests , have upped my thyroxine got to have another blood test in 6 weeks.

SnowyMouse Sun 30-Jun-13 14:30:35

Can you ask your GP for blood tests so you know which it is?

frustratedashell Sun 30-Jun-13 13:42:48

I have suffered with depression off and on for 20 years. Have had under active thyroid for probably about 15 years. The 2 things have similar symptoms. I've recently tried upping my thyroxine dose. I feel so tired and down. I have a wonderful partner but he lives miles away. Not seen him this weekend. We are planning to move in together in the next few months. I feel very alone and miserable. Finding it hard to do anything. I know things will get better but it's tough going through it. Just need my hand holding at the moment.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now