Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

This is our Village, People! Need support? - Move In Here....

(975 Posts)
ThatVikRinA22 Fri 07-Jun-13 19:19:23

My Friends... theres no need to feel down
i said My Friends..Pick yourself off the ground
i said My Friends, cause youre in a new town
theres no need to be unhappy....

Our new thread folks (number 5!!).....i need to dash as im on nights but i will be back!
love to all. xxx

ThatVikRinA22 Sat 08-Jun-13 16:16:10

smile hello!

gosh! liking the rate of village construction! and i definitely bagsy the farm house with the paddock and a stable block.....

There is a big old oak tree in the middle of the field we can all sit under for picnics.

i would rather deal with horses than people - tough night last night. Dealt with a horrible DV case involving a very angry man mountain.....he ended up doing the taser dance. (its only the second time in my service ive known taser be used)

got a few days off then but am in court next week - will be very very glad when thats over.

DS has moved to Devon (cant remember if i said that or not?) im not counting my chickens just yet based on past experience but it sounds like he is doing ok and enjoying the job.

Im planning on a day at the stables on monday, but my days off are cut short this week due to court - have booked a couple of days off next week to make up for it.

tomorrow im going to try and go for a run first thing, have a few hours sleep then clean all the critters out.

im getting my 2 new boys in a week, ive renamed my boy rescue cuddly dudley....cos he is just so cuddly!

right....must go and get some brekky....see you all tomorrow. x

knittedslippersx3 Sat 08-Jun-13 16:29:28

A little 2 bed cottage will do me! A small courtyard garden with views across the countryside. Nice and modern inside though. A stack of books to read and the radio on in the background. Sounds like bliss and all of you within walking distance.

SnowyMouse Sat 08-Jun-13 16:45:59

I'm opting for a two-bed bungalow, nicely in reach of everyone and everything

Nice snowy, knitted smile.

I'm assuming this village is just for us - in which case 2 beds good for me to. Big windows. Real fire.

Have a lovely day at the stables tomorrow vicar and really hoping your DS thrives in Devon.

Well, get me, I have been all techy this afternoon and set myself up with a one page website with one of my paintings on!
AND
Have created a profile page, inc the same picture.

Now need to get in the garden (tho sofa is v comfy)...

hoochymama1 Sat 08-Jun-13 17:17:25

Oh, this is so lovely, I'm glad we moved here, we needed to be in a pretty village that we could make our own.

HB A tea room would be lovely, with home made cakes, lovely mismatched old fashioned cups and saucers and space to sit and craft and chat. Always open, warm and cosy.

Lots of love to everyone, CiQ and Basset, I love the clothes.

((( Glabella))) words can be too glib sometimes, much love goes out to you. Don't make excuses for services in your area, and ask for help when you need it. Depression is such a dangerous illness, pervasive and eroding. Keep on with the meds, it's taken me nigh on 6 weeks to feel the benefit.

Just came back from centerparcs and it was so weird, last time I went I was really into it and chucking myself down the rapids etc, this time I was so afraid of everything. But I'm back home safe now with a trembly feeling inside.

Have my dd home, so all the family is here, busy and tiring. But it's a beautiful evening and my washing is dry.

((( snowy ))) and ((( ed )))

LEM deff dry stone walls, with nice smelling herbs like thyme growing in them.

Cuddles to Nana and Knitted flowers

Hi Hoochy a big yes from me for tearoom. Do you think there could be a twice weekly yoga class in the village hall to counteract it?

Hoochy well done for surviving centerparcs! Hope you get to put your feet up soon. Glass of wine in the garden?

LEMisdisappointed Sat 08-Jun-13 18:15:28

Glabella good to see you just be aware that citalopram can increase suicidal thoughts at the start of treatment just so you are aware xx

Notsoblonde Sat 08-Jun-13 18:33:53

bassett those were lovely words on the old thread.

waves to everyone else

I am having a bad day, I am convinced I have a dvt as I have a sore calf, none of the other symptoms but its sore when I walk and when I touch it, it feels more like a pulled muscle or even my sciatica is playing up as my thigh and bum are sore too down that side, am trying not to phone nhs direct but its so hard I keep imagining I am going to collapse and die sad. sorry for being so selfish. one of my main problems is health anxiety.

Queenofknickers Sat 08-Jun-13 18:49:37

Ooh please can I join the village? I'll run the shop where there'll always be chocolate, wine, a bit of celeb gossip and a welcome. God I wish that was my real life. Really struggling back at work after my surgery - hideously stressed, still in pain and my therapist pointed out to me I'm being bullied by my boss AGAIN (yes I seem to attract it).

Cheer me up by telling me what the village shop should have in it so I can live in a fantasy!

bassetfeet Sat 08-Jun-13 18:55:55

Hi Notsoblonde

So sorry you are having a bad day . And oh yes to health anxiety..me too. It is horrible .
OK ....your calf would be very red ,swollen and hot to touch my love if it was a DVT. You know this [hug].
Maybe if you draw a map around the area and see if it extends may reassure you ?
Can you ask someone else to judge independently how hot and red your skin is ?

I cant say it isnt DVT cos this the internet .
But sounds very likely sciatica to me .

If you are fretting too much go to a walk in centre where they can take D dimer blood test and scan . 111 is useless it seems.

I so empathise with this health anxiety . IT IS AWFUL . can you distract yourself at all?

sending a lot of empathy and support NSB.

Notsoblonde Sat 08-Jun-13 19:02:01

hi bassett its not red at all or hot, just tender when I press it, its been happening off and on all week and it has been completely disappearing, this morning it wasnt there then I cut grass and picked dd2 up and it tightened up completely. oh I hate this, I miss the old me. thank you for replying to me your are so kind.

hi to Queen of knickers

bassetfeet Sat 08-Jun-13 19:10:24

Welcome QoK lovely to meet you smile. So sorry you are having a rough time . Lots of support here and nice chat. No bullies .x

Mmm village shop ......nice deli meats,cheese, olives and artisan bread.
Greggs pasties, crisps,oven ready dinners and pizza grin.

Nice having this distraction of virtual village isnt it ? x

bassetfeet Sat 08-Jun-13 19:14:18

flowers for NsB .....so understand . We see so much in our work and it seeps in your mind . xxx

Queenofknickers Sat 08-Jun-13 19:18:11

Naice ham? Anyone?

((((hugs))) notso

hi queenof can I please request your stock order contains: good quality dry white wine, Windsor & newton artists materials wink plenty of green&blacks, fresh fruit so I can try and be healthy and that there's an ad in the window for a really good massage therapist of the non dodgy kind. Take care x

Well did all my techy stuff. Click on my name and you'll see some!

Sorted dump that was kitchen. Just going to take some piles of washing upstairs (and pile them somewhere else) then it is wine o'clock here. Anyone fancy a wine hoping it will dull my agitation a bit hmm

bassetfeet Sat 08-Jun-13 19:36:59

Is it your daughters communion tomorrow CIQ ?
What a lovely painting ........just how I imagined actually . Do you have preferred medium to use ? It is beautiful and so delicate ..like the blooms . Thank you for allowing us to see.

got my glass by my side . And yes to naice ham x

Hi Basset no its 22nd. Tomorrow we have the local donkey derby - like a summer fair with donkey races!

Thanks re: pic smile and v interesting its how you imagined! This is in oils which is my preferred medium - the colours are stunning, the paints are buttery in texture and there's loads of different techniques you can use.

Wine now. Am feeling very industrious - have even requested a missing part to DS lego set... Phew. How's your day been?

bassetfeet Sat 08-Jun-13 19:58:16

Had to nap which frustrated me as sun shining and the garden needs so much care . I have neglected it over the last few years.
But I did enjoy visualising our village as I drifted off . Nicer than the thoughts of doom .

Ah I love donkeys ciq . Did you know they kneel down at the stroke of midnight on Christmas Eve in their stables or field ? But they wont if anyone is watching smile.

So pleased you have had an industrious day ......I thought your painting was water colour . Really interesting to learn about this .
x

Its such a tiny photo its hard to tell!

I like the donkey tale wink

Nap sounds good to me. I had planned to do a bit of gardening but actually its not been warm here - very fresh breeze.

Hope you have a good eve x

SnowyMouse Sat 08-Jun-13 20:25:46

I've opted for curl up in bed for now, perhaps contradicting no screens in bed. Ah well. Got laundry sorted for tomorrow morning.

The village is a wonderful distraction smile

No nap for me today but I did lay in late.
Then I went shopping. Bought some wii games
Wanted a bra but couldn't find one in my size

I haven't done much around the house...I need to address that tomorrow.

My evening is being spent drinking alcohol; eating dairylea, fresh bread and cherry tomatoes with cheese and onion crisps...my favourite comfort food . I then have a greggs cream donut (or two) for dessert.

I have one eye on bgt and the other on my gerbils that are having a good play. They are still being settled so trying not to handle them too much. I am hand feeding them though ti get used to me human company.

ciq I would like to commision a painting of bluebells or poppies for my village cottage.

As for the corner shop....must have

Blossom hill rose
Dairylea
Cherry tomatoes (maybe we can grow them on our own allotment)
Fresh bread
Walkers cheese and onion crisps
Nice wool

Right cream donuts await smile

bassetfeet Sat 08-Jun-13 21:46:01

You got names for them ED ?

Yup.

We have

Poppy (black)
Lily (white)
(At which point I thought a flower theme was going to rule)
Pepper (light peppery grey)
Fudge. (Light golden colour with a white underside)

They are all different colours

Poppy loves poking her head up out of the tube like mario out of the green pipes
Fudge loves play boxing (a known gerbil behaviour)
Pepper loves sleeping
Lily loves jumping

bassetfeet Sat 08-Jun-13 22:21:47

Ah you make me smile ED lovely names and descriptions for the wee critters . A pic would be nice when they allow you x

Mmm.... think we may need a visiting vet to our village ladies . Lots of our furry friends to look after . grin.

That is my dream time sorted tonight .

HellesBelles396 Sat 08-Jun-13 22:23:50

Loving the tea room. It must have cake forks.

A village library with no self-help books.

My home will have a sun room so I can get my light therapy even in winter. A living-kitchen with good-sized pantry and an amazing shower room. Spose a couple of bedrooms.

In RL (should it be rrl now that we have an even less rl beyond mn?) I have baked oatmeal raisin cookies. Bought a shed since i got extra from tax credits because they had underpaid a fiver a week last year grin I also sketched out a plan if how I want my back garden to be and made a list of related tasks and purchases. it's going to take a while...

DS v happy today. Had a full day with his bff over and they went to another friend's house as he has one of those large garden pools which came out today for the first time this year. My best friend came over a couple of times to set the world to rights. I have been feeling so much better this past week. It is amazing what some nice weather can do. Think how much money the nhs would save if they sent me somewhere sunny and warm every winter.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now