Note: Mumsnet has not checked the knowledge, experience or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk, so this is not necessarily the best place to seek help if you're feeling seriously distressed or suicidal. Mumsnet cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you need help urgently, please see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice and support.

please help with panic attacks

(53 Posts)
mumofapirate Sat 25-May-13 22:11:29

I can't seem to control them after 6pm im in a constant panicky state. I hate going to bed as it gets so much worse. constant lump in my throat, always hyperventalating and then chest pains (not bad just heavy) and my heart beats so fast. I'm so tired and stressed. I keep thinking im having a asthma attack and take lots of my inhaler but it doesnt do anything so im almost sure its panic. Any tips to help me? I'm due to have cbt but currently on the waiting list. I'll try anything just so fed up of thinking im having a asthma attack / dying all the time.

Corygal Sat 15-Jun-13 20:39:49

No your throat can't close up while you're panicking - physically impossible, don't worry.

BUT one of the symptoms of anx. is choking or feeling like you are - it's a charmer. Don't worry, it's just a psychological thing.

There is no physical danger at all.

mumofapirate Wed 19-Jun-13 23:33:57

thank u feel better knowing its psychological rather than physical

mumofapirate Fri 28-Jun-13 17:34:21

feel like I'm panicking and now i can hardly feel my hands and arms its taken me ages to type thiS. HATE this so much.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now