Note: Mumsnet has not checked the knowledge, experience or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk, so this is not necessarily the best place to seek help if you're feeling seriously distressed or suicidal. Mumsnet cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you need help urgently, please see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice and support.

OCD nightmare

(26 Posts)
highgirl Sun 19-May-13 19:52:56

OCD has taken over again about 2 weeks ago I did some laundry that was only rinsed and not properly washed. In the machine were some knickers that I wore in bed after sex. Ever since I have been worried that there has been semen/germs transferred to things I touched and that the washing wasn't clean. I did re wash everything, but in between I had taken it out and put it out to dry touching it and touching everything else. It's been driving me insane should I worry?

greeneyed Wed 29-May-13 06:33:49

Fluoxetine and CBT have quashed my OCD for good. You can and will get better but keep on at the docs! There are some self help books based on CBT you can buy in the meantime while you wait for your course. Do some googling to see what's recommended. Also mindfulness and relaxation techniques may help to ground you for a little bit. Good luck OP

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now