Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

esa claim

(8 Posts)
violetsrblue Sat 11-May-13 22:04:12

Thanks, I really appreciate the help, have drawn up an action plan today smile

coxspippin Sat 11-May-13 20:12:38

benefits and work is worth the subscription fee.
you can fill the ESA 50 form online (then print out) so you can edit your answers.
if you have to attend a medical centre for assessment you can request a home visit if you can't manage because of your condition.
see if a 'community advice centre can help you- one with experience of success with these assessments and appeals.
hope it goes well for you violetsrblue bonne chance

violetsrblue Thu 09-May-13 20:16:31

Thanks so much, felt like I was going under yesterday, but today has not been too bad! Just got to take my time with it and try not to panic.

GracieLoo Thu 09-May-13 20:09:14

I've just filled out mine, wasn't as bad as I thought and i've just included sick note from gp, a bank statement and two payslips. Fingers crossed!

lazymum99 Thu 09-May-13 18:57:43

If you cant get letters just include a medical report from your GP. The receptionist should be able to print it for you. It will confirm what you have been treated for/diagnosed with and any referrals that have been made. Try and answer the questions with reference to the descriptors which will give you points. I think you can find a list of schedule 3 descriptors on the net. And remember answer as if it is your worst day.

violetsrblue Wed 08-May-13 23:19:13

Ok thanks, I might try and forget about the letters because it's stressing me out, just got to wait for the form now, and yes I'd heard that was a good website, just got to try and keep on top of this smile

CoffeePleaseSir Wed 08-May-13 22:26:03

My friend had to do this, I helped her with her form, just fill the form in & be honest, don't worry about supporting letters you don't have to send them and they can contact your gp anyway by phone/letter.

There is a great website called benefitandwork it does cost £20 for the year but my friend paid this & when we sat down to do her form we followed the guides on there as it gave examples & showed different ways of answering a question or what the question can mean smile

violetsrblue Wed 08-May-13 22:20:51

I am having to apply for esa after being on income support for incapacity on mental health grounds. I haven't got the form yet but I'm feeling ground down already. Two health care professionals have turned down requests for letters today. I haven't got a cpn any more. Feel like I've had enough now and I've barely started. Just feel like shit right now, haven't got the mental energy to deal with it. Have quit my voluntary job.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now