Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

How do you support DH with depression?

(3 Posts)
KateBeckett Mon 06-May-13 22:55:37

Hi eggandbacon I was coming on here to post the same thing - DP ha been quite severely depressed for a long while now but was hiding it fairly successfully until DFIL passed away in January. Since then things have been very very difficult sad

Is your DP getting any help or support? Mine is on medication and is having cbt councilling once a week (was once a fortnight but he got referred or more support) which fingers crossed seems to be very slowly making a difference.

The hardest things for me atm are a lack of intimacy (he is still v affectionate but has no sex drive at all) and seeing him in so much pain and not being able to help / empathise as much as I'd like to.

Hope you don't feel like I'm hijacking, I hope it helps to know you're not alone - maybe we can offer each other some support?

Ilikethebreeze Mon 06-May-13 11:50:06

No I am not, but am bumping this for you.
It is possible you may get more traffic if you put this on chat. Perhaps this evening when there will be more posters around? It is quite quiet on here right now.
Also, you could do a search and see if anything comes up?
hth

EggAndBaconUmbrella Sun 05-May-13 21:26:00

Anyone else in the situation I am in with my DP?

Finding it very hard.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now