Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Anyone on citalopram ? How are you finding it ?

(52 Posts)
Lonelybunny Mon 29-Apr-13 12:34:41

I've been prescribed 10mg every other day to start with , not sure if this is going to help me tbh sad I've been trying to look it up and it all points to horrid side effects including weight gain plurgh ! I've been on prozac in the past and was ok on this but GP is being vigilant as I'm breastfeeding

Jessica333 Mon 06-May-13 16:03:09

I was on citalopram but stopped it because of total lack of sex drive and inability to have orgasm. Also I couldn't sleep at all and noticed loss of appetite.
My GP wanted to change it to Mirtazapine saying it is an antidepressant but also works as a sedative so will help me sleep but I'm not sure I want to try again....

Jessica333 Mon 06-May-13 16:04:36

I was on citalopram but stopped it because of total lack of sex drive and inability to have orgasm. Also I couldn't sleep at all and noticed loss of appetite.
My GP wanted to change it to Mirtazapine saying it is an antidepressant but also works as a sedative so will help me sleep but I'm not sure I want to try again....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now