Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Partner has anxiety and I'm at the end of my tether

(3 Posts)
ftc1 Thu 25-Apr-13 22:32:58

So me and my partner had a baby 2 months ago.
, after a pretty horrid pregnancy for both of us due to her anxiety. Her anxiety manifested itself as her doubting I was the father, thinking SS were going to take our baby and a host of things that were caused by the anxiety alone. We actually had a visit from SS because of her erratic behaviour.
I feel I have been as supportive as I can through this but despite her seeing our local mental health team, going to counselling and being on 2 types of medication there seems to be no improvement.

What I want is some advice I suppose. How do I cope with a woman that seems to want to destroy us, without losing touch with my darling daughter who is the most important thing in the irks to me.

ftc1 Thu 25-Apr-13 22:34:01

*Most important thing in the world to me - iphone

Waferthinmint Thu 25-Apr-13 22:48:23

Go to www.postnataldepression.com and call the lady on there. She can offer support.
Or www.fathersreachingout.com/ for support for men

They can both offer support of YOU!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now