Note: Mumsnet has not checked the knowledge, experience or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk, so this is not necessarily the best place to seek help if you're feeling seriously distressed or suicidal. Mumsnet cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you need help urgently, please see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice and support.

Feeling down...need a bit of hand holding

(6 Posts)
SnowyMouse Wed 24-Apr-13 20:53:22

Congrats grin

alwaysworriedtoo Wed 24-Apr-13 20:38:33

Oooh well done! That's great news. I hope you celebrated!
(Sorry I've not been on here for a while but I do check up on posts!)

Brilliant I am so pleased for you!

superstarheartbreaker Thu 18-Apr-13 22:28:41

He dumped me anyway. I told him and he dumped me by email . TBH his stone walling was driving me crazy.

moonmanic Wed 17-Apr-13 20:37:04

Thanks for holding my hand alwaysworriedtoo. Thats really good advice. One chunk at a time. Just felt like saying that I had my exam and I passed! I feel great that all the hard work and tears were not for nothing!

alwaysworriedtoo Mon 15-Apr-13 08:21:58

Hi thought I'd hold your hand. Wow well done in studying! It's horrible feeling exhausted and depressed. Especially when you know there is so much to do. It does make it feel worse. Last time I felt overwhelmed with everything I got really strickt with myself and priorotised. (Can't spell!) Mine was all house work related but if you know you need to study for your exam think of which part of that is more important and do that instead of hovering. Just think 'the hovering will wait'. For the next part of getting some o.u work done think. 'I'll play with/do homework with/ watch film with child then I will spend the same amount of time working when they've gone to bed. Or something like it. I found that doing this sort of thing helped me.
Negative thoughts are truly hard to get out of your head. And I have no answer that can really help this as I struggle myself. I do try diversion tactics and bach rescue remedy and try possotive thoughts. Whats the worse that could happen then how could that be solved. But as I said I do struggle!
I hope you are not still feeling stupid, you can't be if you are actually going for an o.u degree, they are really hard!!! Well done again.

Hope you are feeling better today.

moonmanic Sun 14-Apr-13 22:04:45

I just need to vent a bit really.

Today has been a tough day. From the moment I woke up I've felt awful. I feel like the world is against me, I'm unlikeable and unloveable, that I can't get anything right. Pretty worthless really.

I have a history of depression, although this has got a lot better recently. I have good days and, like today, bad days.

I'm a single mum. Am studying towards an OU degree and am doing an evening course 2 nights a week at college. I have so much work to do. I am managing to do it, but I am exhausted. I have an exam this week and am trying to revise for it but today I have had a constant stream of negative thoughts in my head telling me I'm a horrible person, that I'm 'different' from everyone else and that I'm stupid and uneducated and that's how everyone sees me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now