Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

heart missing beats help

(4 Posts)
trinn Fri 29-Mar-13 20:59:18

My doctor started me on citralopram 20mg about 2 weeks ago, my heart now misses a beat every so often and its very disconcerting, has anyone else had this as a side effect?

I did.

It does settle but is annoyingly unnerving, especially if you're also suffering with anxiety!

Go & get it listened to just to be safe but it's probably just an adjustment issue smile

Rosduk Sat 30-Mar-13 18:26:23

I got this when I started on an SSRI but to be honest i notice it occasionally anyway. Remember though that your heart is a muscle and just like any other muscle it sometimes gets 'tired' and has to catch up with itself. This happens to everyone but when you are anxious you are more aware of it. It's nothing to worry about but if you are worried go to the GP for piece of mind x

dontrunwithscissors Sun 31-Mar-13 10:43:23

I believe antidepressants can cause heart palpitations. Def go
To your GP. I had heart palpitations on citalopram but it irked out to be anxiety. But I wouldn't mess around.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now