Note: Mumsnet has not checked the knowledge, experience or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk, so this is not necessarily the best place to seek help if you're feeling seriously distressed or suicidal. Mumsnet cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you need help urgently, please see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice and support.

Question about citralopram withdrawal - or not?

(2 Posts)
gingeme Sun 24-Mar-13 20:55:25

You really need to ask your gp first. I have been told it is not good to just stop taking them.
Well done on your move. Seems to have been the right one. Long May your good health last smile

Llareggub Sun 24-Mar-13 20:52:28

I was diagnosed with depression and anxiety in October last year, as a reaction to various things going on in my life. Initially I was prescribed escitralopram. A few moths ago I had a complete lifestyle change, and moved from England to Wales and went from full to part time. Following the move, I was prescribed citralopram instead, which coincided with a humdinger of a cold. I was basically shattered for 3 weeks.

I missed 2 pills due a mix up, and am due to start a new pack. Thing is, having missed 2 days I feel absolutely great, full of energy for the first time since starting on it.

Any thoughts?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now