Note: Mumsnet has not checked the knowledge, experience or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk, so this is not necessarily the best place to seek help if you're feeling seriously distressed or suicidal. Mumsnet cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you need help urgently, please see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice and support.

Andes up - who needs a rock to lean on? Rock on over here!

(967 Posts)
VicarInaTutu Tue 19-Mar-13 15:27:08

in honour of ed and her mountain ranges.....smile

welcome to thread 3 - this is a support thread for anyone needing a hand to hold while they get through depression or any other mental health problems - long term or temporary. All are welcome.

linky to old thread

HellesBelles396 Fri 12-Apr-13 07:48:36

vicar imagine for a moment what would have happened if you hadn't gone on the sick...
you needed the time.

if you have to go back to work you'll be fine - you'll have a secret: it's only til you find your perfect job!

pfl hope you're getting really well looked after.

PainForLife Fri 12-Apr-13 09:25:15

morning all,

I'm doing ok so far but the food is awful sad but then again I'm not in here for the food am I. I feel strange live I'm jn a movie everything feels fake.I feel fake like I'm not here... sorry it's all gibberish. the emotion i feel atm is anger sad

hope your all doing good smile

TheYoniVicarInaTutu Fri 12-Apr-13 17:23:12

evening
a very quick update.
i didnt get the job. Feedback was excellent - they said there was nothing more i could have done as my interview was excellent and i came over extremely well - it was just that when they totted up the points someone scored 2 more than me.
so thats that.
im going to try and relax tonight, and steel myself to phone work next week. Im going to have to go back. The sooner its sorted the better now.
im going to phone HR next week and occupational health too. the longer this drags on the worse i feel about it.

so thats me. a very pissed off vicar tonight.

TheSilveryPussycat Fri 12-Apr-13 17:38:13

Sorry to hear that vicar - at least you have nothing to beat yourself up over in that there was nothing more you could have done.

PfL not surprising it all feels weird and fake sad - hang on in there.

I can't let go of the hurt I feel about DF. I should be used to it by now, but am still v depressed and can't seem to snap out of it - keep thinking I might write a letter, but then I think, no, bad idea. Maybe I'll write one and not send it.

Found some of the certs, anyway.

Lucyellensmum95 Fri 12-Apr-13 17:54:31

Sorry to hear you didn't get the news that you wanted vicar - things happen for a reason, maybe you are meant to be a police officer?

Hi, I'm fairly new to mumsnet and have posted about the same problem in chat. I went through a bout of flu and tummy bug in January. After this I've not really been 'myself'. Got severely anxious about my health and convinced myself I was having cancer, tumor and anything else I read about. Then this health anxiety manifested itself into travel anxiety.i commute everyday to st.pancras station and lately find it really difficult to complete the journey without getting off random stations and not being able to get into another train for almost an hour. In really worried that this will get worse and I will have to quit my job..

Lucyellensmum95 Fri 12-Apr-13 18:36:09

Hi princess, i remember your thread i think. Have you seen anyone about this? I had health anxiety which was really helped by ADs, i now have general anxiety and back on medication, its helping and im waiting for counselling. This is a good thread for general support and every day updates, do feel free to post anotehr thread if you need more specific support too x

Hi Lucy, I tried talking to my GP but she keeps putting everything I say to vitamin d deficiency and has prescribed vitamin tablets. I don't think that's the riot cause if this problem., its Friday today but I'm lying down worrying about the thought of getting into the train on Monday...

It's meant to say "root cause"

Unfortunatelyanxious Fri 12-Apr-13 20:04:02

Sorry you didn't get the job Vicar
Glad you found some of the Certs SPC made me wonder where my O level Certs are, outing myself as ancient.

I hope everyone gets a restful weekend.

I was on a travel thread Princess probably yours, sorry my memory is very poor due to my condition. I hate crowds, it may be that's part of it. If your anxiety is focused on one thing you may be helped by CBT.

Lucyellensmum95 Fri 12-Apr-13 20:47:41

Princess, if it were down to Vit D deficiency then vit D supplements would have solved the problem! I can't remember if you said you had any counselling at all princess, what is it that you are scared of? or is it just a general anxiety feeling? I can relate to that, i spent so much time worrying about "things" no i don't need a reason to feel anxious, which in some ways is worse, in other ways better. I think its dangerous sometimes to try and rationalise anxieties too much, it, for me, tendsto lead to more anxiety. Not good to stick one's head in the sand either. I would be asking for some sort of referral and definately enquire about ADs. I am on citalopram and they are helping alot.

bassetfeet Fri 12-Apr-13 22:31:45

So sorry to read about the job Vicar . Your interview obviously went very well so take comfort in that if you can . Hard to take though at the moment of course flowers The positive is that you know now that your interview technique is fine and you did it while still vulnerable . Big hug .

I do wonder why the OH dept are not liaising with your managers re returning to work . Something is sadly wrong here . Just a thought but I wonder if your GP can contact them and get a rocket up their bots?
Send your sick note in the post for now .
Hopefully the other officers on police forum can help with advice re FED rep . You need an advocate . What you are enduring is so wrong . I will try to think some more on what you can do. Someone here will know on mumsnet !

I hope you can shoo any negative fearful thoughts away this weekend at least . LET IT BE for now and rest .........see your beloved horses ......a wee wine or two wine . Life will return to normal . It will. A damn roller coaster for sure but do not lose hope flowers.

SPC writing all the hurt and upset down is very therapeutic is it not . have written many a letter and never sent some [but others I have ].

Hi to all reading and posting . Travel anxiety is hell. Been pondering on posting a first aid tips for anxiety thread . While waiting for meds to take effect . sorry so many are having a rough time sad

Ed those brownies should put you forward for an OBE . Seriously .
Take care lass .

TheYoniVicarInaTutu Sat 13-Apr-13 00:48:50

thank you basset

im really trying to take to heart who ever said "what is meant for you wont pass you by" at the minute.

maybe i am destined to be a police officer. maybe i do some good.

the fed rep phoned me tonight and is going to start to chase for me - i feel i really have to grasp the nettle now and look at going back.
im stuck in this job. i need to make the most of it. i need to make it work for me. im heartened by the fact she knows my sgt really well and hasnt had a reply from him either - maybe he is off at minute too....
i did work incredibly hard to get in. maybe a higher power isnt letting me off the hook so easily.....
ive had a couple of wine and im going to enjoy the weekend. On monday im taking dd shopping for her prom accessories. my dsis is coming tomorrow. its going to be ok. i will be ok. whatever happens is going to happen and ive got to have faith that its the right thing for me.
maybe walking away at this point is a mistake. i dont know. but i have no choice right now but to go back.
i was heartened by the interview feedback. i felt it had gone ok, i didnt feel nervous, im ok at thinking on my feet, i obviously come across ok. she said there was nothing more i could have done and i gave an excellent interview. so its not me grin
i need to take that with me when i go back to work. im alright. its everyone else that isnt.....smile

EggwiniasRevenge Sat 13-Apr-13 01:21:50

Quick night night.

Exhausted.

In pain. In a tiny clostrophobic bottom bunk...not sure how I will get out tomorrow as I have a ladder and another bed in the way...I normally half roll off...half swing my legs around...

No more time. Just to send hugs tor vicar. You did FANTASICALLY to come so close given your recent history. Second place would be a huge acheivemekt for me so you should be proud of yourself even though you have absolutely every right to be disappointed.

Sorry I haven't got time to say more. I'm sharing a room with 3 others so can't stay on mn all night. ..

TheYoniVicarInaTutu Sat 13-Apr-13 01:37:26

where are you egg?

<racks brains to try and remember what ive not remembered....>

thank you for the hugs.
im ok. but thank you. beaten by 2 frigging points!!

im so sorry your are still in pain.....from my experience last year i reckon you may be in pain for a few weeks yet my love....you need some kick ass pain killers and rest!

EggwiniasRevenge Sat 13-Apr-13 01:49:09

Im on brownie camp. In a hut.

Neck hurts a bit. Arse hurts quite a bit. New painkillers have made sitting and walking more comfortable. Standing up is still agony though...its a good job I have barely had a chance to sit all day.

I will no doubt drop in tomorrow. Catch up properly sunday/monday.

EggwiniasRevenge Sat 13-Apr-13 01:50:54

I meant transferring from sitting to standing rather than just standing still iyswim.

Right I need sleep...apparently I'm getting up at 7am to cook breakfast. ..

TheYoniVicarInaTutu Sat 13-Apr-13 01:55:53

well have a lovely time! and a hearty cooked brekky....with painkillers!

x

EggwiniasRevenge Sat 13-Apr-13 06:36:52

Yu

EggwiniasRevenge Sat 13-Apr-13 06:38:43

Yuck. Im awake.

Lack of sleep...hmm...

I literally have no idea how I will get out of this bottom bunk....best stay here all day grin

Unfortunatelyanxious Sat 13-Apr-13 09:59:49

Found out late last night that my Dad is back in hospital, he hates being in hospital and gets anxious. They have said he only has months to live but I wish he could get stabilised and have those last few months in his nursing home.

Needless to say I didn't sleep well, ended up fretting not only about work and my Dad but also that I have done virtually nothing for weeks. I plan to sort out some cupboards as a distraction .

I'm trying so desperately to get better but I seem to be getting added stress.

HellesBelles396 Sat 13-Apr-13 12:13:56

ua I am sure the next few months are going to be incredibly stressful and painful. remember, we're all here for a vent if you need one.

vicar there is a better opportunity out there for you, you just need to find it. keep looking, keep believing. find a job you want to run to.

ed I would rather be on my roll mat than in a bunk - bless you.

good afternoon to all.

bassetfeet Sat 13-Apr-13 22:03:04

Ua sorry to hear your dad is back in hospital and anxious .....you obviously love him very much and feeling helpless and stressed . Can you ask for a macmillan nurse referral ? They are so helpful and kind . Based in hospitals as well as community . If you feel appropriate can you tell us what his diagnosis is ? understand if you dont want to say though .

Ua ...this damn illness is always three steps forward and two back at best of times I think sad . You have enough to deal with bless you for now supporting your dad and trying to recover . Leave all thoughts of work for now. I seem to think your workplace is empathetic if I remember ? Hope so . hug .

Vicar your last post made me high five the air smile . YES it is the present uncaring station ..........not you . So not you .x

Thinking of Ed ........tenacity ,loyalty , humour while feeling so sore .
High five to you also smile .

All of you here have taught me so much about resilience . I lack it but am learning the skills through you all here .
Pity the journalists cant see what care is here on mumsnet .

Hi to all reading or feeling low flowers

VicarInaTutu Sat 13-Apr-13 22:57:47

just checking in

ua so sorry to read about your dad again - nothing to offer except virtual hugs, and a listening ear to vent when ever you need.

thank you basset - i feel a bit stronger. tomorrow, i am going to go to the garden centre and buy some compost and some plants, and start to plant up my pots for the garden. smile
i shouldnt, i have zero funds, but sod it. DH is at work tomorrow and i need something to occupy my time.
today Dsis came and i found 3 picture frames perfect for art work in my new bathroom at a charity shop for £3 each - dsis was an art teacher and a wonderful artist so she has taken the frames and is going to make me something original to put in them....very excited! She is currently out of work so will occupy her time too....

fed rep is going to get back to me next week. im going to go to the stables one day next week too....havent been for too long now. dd back at school tuesday, so may go then. will see how i feel.

egg hope you are ok - dont over do things with your back....hope camp was bearable!

a huge welcome to princess - hope you find a place here to help, and a wave and hug to everyone else on here, or who reads and needs one.
x

EggwiniasRevenge Sun 14-Apr-13 00:06:51

Quickie. Huge hugs to ua

I'm here. I've survived. I quite literally haven't sat down all day. Got up at 7. Was still in the kitchen at 9pm. No sit down (apart from loo). I even ate standing cos I knew that standing back up again wouldn't have been worth it.

Then I've laid down.

My 'friend' is leading. So very tough but I have been pretty assertive if very trodden all over at times...

Home tomorrow...then sleep...tgen wine night with friend if I can still walk...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now