Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Want to self harm

(31 Posts)
GracieLoo Sat 09-Mar-13 20:54:13

I'm not expecting responses, just want to clear my head. I can't get thoughts of self harm out of my head. Want to cut, od or damage my already broken arm. In a really self destructive mood, and feeling really low. Don't know if it's just attention seeking (but I'm on my own) or a sign I'm going to have a few bad days again after being in a manic high mood for a few days.

GracieLoo Sat 16-Mar-13 19:30:07

Going out tonight, scared, anxious, doesn't feel right. I want to drink and I'm not good, once I start I keep going til I'm an emotional wreck. Sounds stupid and I should know better, but in a way I cam just escape from my head for a few hours.

CognitiveOverload Sat 16-Mar-13 21:17:46

GracieLoo, sorry to hear you're not feeling good. Might be better not to drink as alcohol is a depressant and will make you feel worse.

GracieLoo Mon 18-Mar-13 21:14:35

I can't cope with anything. Moving house and thought I'd be fine staying at same surgery but was told I can't by a horrible receptionist. I don't want to go somewhere where they won't know me and what I'm going through. I'm not good with change, I'm struggling at the moment, it's too hard. Also I'd have to leave my HV who is the best support I've had the last 4 years. She goes out of her way, and I know dd won't need a HV soon but she would still be around for a bit longer. I panic so much at the thought of not seeing people again, and being left on my own to cope.

CognitiveOverload Mon 18-Mar-13 21:33:47

GracieLoo, I'm really not qualified to help you. Is there a support line you can find someone is is. I'm happy to listen but I think you need people around you. Try not to worry aboit the new doctor. You might find someone really supportive. You need need to let them know that support would help you x

GracieLoo Mon 18-Mar-13 22:34:57

Ok it doesn't matter now anyway

CognitiveOverload Tue 19-Mar-13 21:53:36

It does matter...why do you think it doesn't matter? Hope you've had a better day today x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now