Note: Mumsnet has not checked the knowledge, experience or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk, so this is not necessarily the best place to seek help if you're feeling seriously distressed or suicidal. Mumsnet cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you need help urgently, please see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice and support.

I need a safe place.

(11 Posts)
amillionyears Fri 01-Mar-13 22:29:32

Good.

MrsBeep Fri 01-Mar-13 22:24:10

Thank you both. It's nice just to have somewhere I can 'rest my head' as you say. I might pop back in tomorrow with an update. My DH managed to distract me this evening with a takeaway and dvds. And we had a chat.

amillionyears Fri 01-Mar-13 21:00:47

Dont worry about answering my questions
there is no need.
you can just rest your head here

Unfortunatlyanxious Fri 01-Mar-13 20:46:33

As well as talking here is there anyone in RL you can get some support from?

When I started to feel unwell just after Christmas I rang Samaritans, would you consider that?

I often don't feel good enough, I literally say to myself your nothing.

I am struggling at the moment and signed off work so I know how you feel, I'm really sorry your having such a sad and difficult time.

amillionyears Fri 01-Mar-13 17:03:21

Do you want to say what the trigger was?
It may not be as insignificant as you think.

Is it to do with friends? Those sorts of things can seem insignificant, but are not really.
Are you coming up to a significant age?
Do you have low self esteem?

MrsBeep Fri 01-Mar-13 16:57:29

Don't think its PMT, I do usually get that but before my period, which I'm currency near the end of.
I have a few things going on, and I do suffer with depression and take medication for it. I go through some daily struggles in my head everyday of my life. I feel I need to change myself, I don't feel good enough.

amillionyears Fri 01-Mar-13 13:04:50

Btw, you can also just rant on here. You dont have to say anything you dont want to.

amillionyears Fri 01-Mar-13 13:04:12

Dont want to say anything trivial here, but might you have PMT?
Or have you got other things going on?
It can be a build up of things, or a straw that broke the camels back type of thing?

MrsBeep Fri 01-Mar-13 13:00:41

Thank you amillionyears.

The incredibly frustrating thing is I don't know what I'm crying about, there's no one obvious reason. I'm just so tearful and finding it hard to control.

I think I know the initial trigger for it but that doesn't leave me a reason for still crying. And I feel embarrassed to admit what the trigger was.

amillionyears Fri 01-Mar-13 12:56:16

This is a safe place.
Do you want to say what you have been crying about?

MrsBeep Fri 01-Mar-13 12:53:47

My head is not a safe place, I need a safe place.

Crying in public is one of my biggest fears, but I've cried on the bus to and from work today. I'm nearly home, so I can cry in private, I just needed to get this out in a safe place.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now