Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Does anyone feel others feel their competence is based on their history...

(2 Posts)
amillionyears Tue 26-Feb-13 15:52:26

I dont have the answers to this.
You might also want to post this in work matters.
hth

thunksheadontable Tue 26-Feb-13 09:08:30

rather than their current presentation?

I've had (?perinatal) OCD and moderate depression this year and after a course of CBT and daily mindfulness practice I am generally asymptomatic at this stage.

However, I seem to continually find myself in appointments where I am asked to tell the whole story of the course of the illness and then judgments are based on that rather than on how I am doing now?

Have just done this with Occupational Health and they have said I am unfit to work for three months (not even due to return from mat leave for three months, so feel I have been told I have been unfit for life just for the hell of it!) and even started talking about alternative roles and ill-health retirement!

I'm a damn sight more sane and awake than I was before any of this ever happened, when I was far more caught up in stresses and grievances etc.. surely this should HELP my work, not hinder it????

Just wondered if this is a common experience and how to address it?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now