Note: Mumsnet has not checked the knowledge, experience or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk, so this is not necessarily the best place to seek help if you're feeling seriously distressed or suicidal. Mumsnet cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you need help urgently, please see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice and support.

Lower dose of Venlafaxin. Welcome back evil mother.

(4 Posts)
mrmump Sat 02-Feb-13 20:59:54

Decided to try to come off these nightmare tablets. Its been 7 years. GP suggested a lower dose as the side effects of cold turkey are nasty.
Well the side effects of lower the dose are nasty too. The DC spent the morning fighting, screaming and ignoring me while I laid on the sofa trying to ward off the vertigo, brain zaps, nausia and drowziness. They woke DH up who is on nights. He blamed me for not controlling them. I got my car keys and walked out. Drove and drove. Pulled into a Tesco carpark because I couldn't stay awake. Slept in the car. My phone kept ringing, it was home, so I turned it off. Eventually went home, barely spoke to DH. He went to work again. Whilst putting DC to bed just now, DD age 7 told me it was her phoning because she was so worried about me. Then she started crying and said she was scared I had run away. Now I feel so guilty. I really want to get off these tablets but I don't think I can. So upset right now.

frillynat81 Sat 02-Feb-13 21:53:42

ugh I'm on them too - hate the brain zaps if I forget a dose. nasty ad but was the one that worked best for me. do not blame for you wanting off it.

mrmump Sat 02-Feb-13 22:00:22

How long did it take you to come off? I've finally found a GP who listens to me, about the side effects, shes looking into something else I can take to help?

thatlldonicely Thu 07-Feb-13 18:41:44

hi have you managed to reduce your dose and are you coming off ads altogether or changing. I am on venlafaxine 75mg and have been on them for about 7 years too - it was mainly for tiredness and not feeling able to cope. trouble is still feel tired - tried to switch to a different one a few years ago but felt so awful trying to stop that just carried on with them. just wondered if you'd managed. Don't come across many people taking these. thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now