Note: Mumsnet has not checked the knowledge, experience or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk, so this is not necessarily the best place to seek help if you're feeling seriously distressed or suicidal. Mumsnet cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you need help urgently, please see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice and support.

Optimax 500mg/L-tryptophan

(3 Posts)
blushingm Sat 02-Feb-13 20:02:04

Does anyone take this?

I went to collect my prescription from the chemist and they've told me its been discontinued shockshockshockshock
They're going to contact my dr but not sure what will happen?!?

Lhemptos Sun 03-Feb-13 18:10:37

Maybe this is a blessing. According to this long article (Tryptophan Side Effects: L-Tryptophan Is Far From Harmless) many research studies have linked both tryptophan and serotonin to brain dysfunction, impaired circulation in both the brain and the body, inflammation, free radical production, metabolic disruption, the release of stress hormones, muscle/joint pain, cancer, etc.

blushingm Wed 06-Feb-13 14:31:40

Thanks lhempos - I thought v seriously before I started taking these - I find they really help me.

My gp phoned me to say there are unlicensed capsules available but she wants to have a chat with my consultant first. She will ring me next week when they've decided what to do.

Has anyone else found themselves in this situation ? Tia x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now