Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

we were all in the bed, this is the 2nd thread....roll over! roll over!

(955 Posts)
ThatVikRinA22 Sat 02-Feb-13 01:26:21

so we all rolled over and hellebelles told us to get our arses out of bed......smile

ive started a new one because there are only a few posts left on the old thread before it gets full.

nana ive described myself on the old thread just for you! smile

so.

nana hellesbelles mama ed silvery and basset and any one else who posted on the old thread or who relates to our experiences and wants to post on the new one....welcome to the new thread.

old one here

TheSilveryPussycat Thu 14-Mar-13 21:49:48

x-posted with you vicar. Don't overdo it at the weekend, will you?

Evening all.

All home safely smile I actually took a different route and ended up accidently standing in macdonalds ;)

Absolutely shattered. Freezing cold. Have been all night (kids moaning they're hot. Hope its not a sight that I'm coming down with something.

Lost track of posts cos on a new page. Think a break from stables will do you good vicar. Will remind everyone including you that it is voluntary. Optional. Your choice.

Hugs for snowy. I have no comprehension of what life is like for you atm.

I can't remember what is going on for everyone else at the moment so I'm offering a group hug and aimless wave.

Me...well my 'friend' that I'm supposed to be distancing myself from has had 3 lots of bad news in a week. So I feel caught between a rock and a hard place. I don't think I can continue distancing myself atm. She was a rock to me when my stepfather was dying. Dropped things at a moments notice. Offered me a seat on her sofa till middle of the morning...etc. so I can't distance but I am trying not to let myself be controlled.

Dtd1 in a bit of low place today. Hardly eaten so worried about her. I've heard from a 3rd party that the other mum has been into tge school to complain today but dtd1 insists nothing specific has happened. 2 of tge bullies (the followers rather than the queen bee) have been in play and they seem to have had a good time together without queen bee.

So...my positives
Empty dishwasher
Wash up stuff from sunday (and monday and tuesday and wednesday)
Wipe down worktops
Pay overdue childcare
Pay friend of friend for centre parcs
Make up. Heels and dress (what level is that?!?!?)

Negatives
Bedroom is a one huge pile of intermixed clean and, dirty laundry which keeps getting moved from bed to glfloor in front of the wardrobes depending on whether I want to get into my wardrobe...or get into bed.
2hr sleep
I think but I'm nit sure I might of missed my meds.

20mins reading...then sleep. I have a child free weekend coming up so lots of chill time.

Night all

ThatVikRinA22 Thu 14-Mar-13 23:30:23

thanks TSP i will be careful - tbh it will be more relaxed than being at stables - when there its full on and out and out hard graft - but all good fun. Ive asked to go one day next week instead after the bathroom is finished.

i am excited about new bathroom so am enjoying picking out colours and towels and paint etc....there isnt really much to paint - its new plaster so will need a couple of coats but i cant wait to see end result so its spurring me on and into action.....DH is working sunday so i will get on with it then as long as i feel ok. At min i feel quite enthusiastic. its a new suite, built in walnut furniture for toilet and basin, travertine work top - large modern white tiles, new plastic ceiling, spot lights, new floor, think im going to paint the bit of exposed wall a deep russet orangey red, and have a mix of black, dark grey and light grey towels. black bin and accessories.Big wooden mirror if i can get one that looks same as furniture. sounds awful written down!

i want to be able to enjoy a lovely soak on monday night, with some nice products that ive been saving since xmas....in a nice, mould free, relaxing space, will get a nice candle and take a glass of wine....im looking forward to it. The bathroom has been horrible for so long, cold, draughty mouldy, rusty, just grim.
the excitement will wear off fairly quickly when i get the bill. I think i will be on half pay soon.

ThatVikRinA22 Thu 14-Mar-13 23:32:15

Level 4 ed. you just invented a new one!

ThatVikRinA22 Fri 15-Mar-13 11:24:33

hows everyone this morning? level 3 but only due to not wanting to scare the bathroom fitter....

no make up and hair in a bun. (but im having a beauty treat later so no point in making up anyway....)

must get meds today. ran out yesterday.

Well I'm still in bed.

I was woken by alarm etc. And woke dtds up (dd3 is at her dads so I don't need to take her any where) went back to bed. I'd have gone straight back to sleep if I wasn't keeping an ear on them actually getting out of bed etc.

Did a bit of reading.

Decided to nap while I'm still in bed.

Struggled to get to sleep (my body has obviously adjusted to less sleep). Must of drifted off eventually because now its 11.30

So incredibly naughty morning. And now I am near the end of my book so I'm going to read a bit more. Got some chores in town. Want to try on some new sized bras. Have you all been sized by the mn crew they are AMAZING?

How are the verrucas these days vicar?

Right. Im getting up. Getting dressed. Putting a load into the washer and heading into town.

ThatVikRinA22 Fri 15-Mar-13 15:22:40

ed where are the bra ladies? i think im in the right size - i got fitted by a little old lady locally who clamped her hands to my boobs to size me. she was old school.....
i was in the wrong size. dont think i am now - she told me how to fit a bra.

the verrucas, incredibly, are miles better - tellingly since i went off work. almost - almost, gone. not quite. i was hoping theyd bit the dust completely before i went back.

Here www.mumsnet.com/Talk/_chat/1706611-Our-Boobs-Deserve-better-the-bra-threads-continued-again?o=1363369636011#37849072

If youve been fitted by an independent you are probably in the right bra. For me...3m ago I was wearing a 38AA/36A. I am now wearing in the region of 32DD/E depending on brand and style so definitely worth double checking.

Right now...gonna grab something to eat then head to friends for a couple of hours before collecting dtd1...

NanaNina Fri 15-Mar-13 18:04:16

Well the psych came this afternoon and he was a really nice man, very patient and understanding. Mind the waiting for him was horrendous, I was shaking like a leaf. I had written the background details and he said that was very helpful. He noticed I was shaking and asked if I was all right to continue - said I was but so amazed at his consideration after the last awful psych.

Anyway he confirmed that I had relapsed after being on imipramine for so long and no matter how slowly I had come off it, after being on it for 14 years caused the relapse. I hate the bloody stupid pyschologist who wanted to get me off them and hate myself for believing that was the right thing to do.

He is leaving the imipramine as it was (200mg) said it was a very high dose for someone over 65, but it kept me well for some of the time and is adding mirtazipan 15mg to start and 30mg after 7 days. Advised I didn't look at the possible side effects but of course I have! Wants me to start straight away even though I wanted to wait till after my trip to Ireland at Easter. Suppose I have to feel positive that the new meds might be beneficial. I am on his "books" now as he said he would see me in 2 months and in the meantime I have my lovely CPN.

Changing the subject ..........Vicar I wouldn't advise painting your bathroom until the new plaster is thoroughly dried. We did this with our new kitchen and before long the paint was flaking off and it will have to be re-painted at some stage. I don't know how long it should take for it to be thoroughly dried, but I think we did ours within a week, because like you we wanted it finished.

Re bras....I don't think that is the way to measure breasts Vicar !! A friend of mine who had been wearing 36D for a long time got measured at John Lewis and her correct size was 32B!! She said the bra the asst found fitted perfectly and really gives her a lovely shape. The bra fitter said you should only be able to put two fingers between your back and where the bra fastens. I intend to go to John Lewis but haven't got round to it yet, also there is the expense of buying new bras in the new sizes!

Are you there snowymouse xx

TheSilveryPussycat Fri 15-Mar-13 18:13:37

I was thinking same about bathroom vicar - 6 months before you can paint is what sprang to mind - but you could ask on the right MN board, of course.

Also thinking of trying that bra sizing - but need to find or buy a tape measure first...

TheSilveryPussycat Fri 15-Mar-13 18:17:25

Oops of course I was going to start my post by saying that that sounds very hopeful, NN, but my brain got sidetracked. I always read the possible side effects too, but as I think you yourself may have posted at some point? they have to cover themselves. You are not obliged to have any side effects smile

NanaNina Fri 15-Mar-13 19:45:44

Thanks SPC - you don't need to measure yourself cus they do that and know where to measure it in the right place. My god this thread is nothing if not diverse, we range from depression, anxiety, work problems, money problems, and problems with kids - how long we stay in bed, whether we can be bothered to wash up or whatever...............and plastering and bra sizes!!

Bassetfeet haven't heard from you for a while. How are you?
and yet another call for Snowymouse but understand you might not feel able to text, but still thinking of you and sending warm wishes.

There's quite a few people not posting (or that's how it seems) I have a problem because I can't remember everybody or their particular problems and so I just answer those on the last page or railroad through everyone one when I am in a state............is this how others are thinking? Do we need a new thread to gather up everyone?

nana your posting style is similar to mine. .

I think helles tends to be quiet during the week but will normally pop her head above the parapet if we call loudly enough.

Think bassett seemed in a bad place a few days ago and said she was hiding the thread. A couple of us reminded her she was welcome anytime but not sure whether she hide thread or not.

So me...

Feels like a negative day. But here goes

Positives
Been to town and bought some birthday presents
Put a load of washing in the machine.
Remembered ny meds

Negatives
Ignoring phone call from mum
Didn't get out of bed until nearly 1pm

So there arent many negatives. There arent many positives either. Just had a mosey around town without doing much...

snowymouse is obviously struggling and only has her phone to post from but throws in an occassional wave.

So I think the only one truely awol is mama...could be wrong there.

nana glad the physcologist has been. I know uou didn't want that hanging over the weekend. It also sounds as though he was pretty sympathetic and supportive. It seems like he is knowledgable about the meds as a means to keeping you well.

Appologies...I think my phone has put my paragraphs in a random order...

ThatVikRinA22 Fri 15-Mar-13 23:07:21

hi nana
i think we will need a new thread soon anyway, this one will run out soon - feel free to begin one if you can think up a title! - but yes - i hope the folks not choosing to post at min are all ok - brain is mushy and ive a terrible memory - like you i tend to respond to whats in front of me but i hope everyone who was on the thread is ok and feels able to post again when they can...if i start naming names i will miss someone because my brain is a bit addled despite outward appearences....hope snowy is hanging on in there....

i love the diversity on here - and the diversity of our topics! i also used to be in an A cup bra - now in a D and a much smaller back size.....i think we all must get lulled into thinking a bigger band size means comfier....when it actually doesnt! i never get measured now - i just go on my weight and looking....i found the comfiest bras ever at M&S for the princely sum of £12....they have model in them and are lovely, with matching shortie undies....look nice and so comfortable. i live in them. i bought the shop out.

thanks for the advice re the painting....its just been skimmed - will that be the same? have had a grand old night tonight ordering towels from john lewis....

also nana im so glad your new psyche was a kind and patient one - i think the change of meds is a really good idea, HM was being a total pain in the arse so time he had a shake up i reckon.....imagine his face! he wont know what hit him....hopefully he will slink off and sulk for a good long while.

right. must get to bed soon. lots to do tomorrow....wish i could remember what it is exactly but i cant....i ran out of meds yesterday and forgot to get them today....big whoops. DH says he can tell - im sure he is joking but i must remember them tomorrow....

HellesBelles396 Sat 16-Mar-13 04:15:08

it's the weekend so delurking!

although ad's up and progesterone rod replaced this week, I still get very tired during the week. everything's suffering I'm afraid. hardly any studying happening (risky), hardly any housework (bf came round last night and helped me sort kitchen out so I feel better about getting up tomorrow), no exercise, food getting wasted because can't be bothered to cook. bit sick of myself really.

enough about me!

you've been really busy lately ed do you feel that you've turned a corner?

nn got to be worth a try - you have had such a rotten time lately, I really hope this medication change helps. and of course you would read the side effects if told not to - he's clearly too clever to understand human nature!

I need to properly read the thread as I've only be grazing but I'm going to try getting back to sleep just now.

See...I knew that mentioning her name would spark helles into action...

Yes I do feel I've turned a corner.

I feel that I am in general more in control of my desire to stay in bed. I still have some really horrible days but even though I am still having a nap most days I'm not spending all day in bed. I'm getting up and doing more. I'm not necessarily doing that much (I'm listing all the little bits for my positivity diary that I still havent bought a notebook to record it in so you get the brain dump daily.

I also know that a lot of my symptoms are associated with both physical and emotional fatigue. I was out all day weds. And I know that by the time I got in I was slurring words.forgetful. struggling to hold a conversation.

I'm learning a lot about what I can do when.which is helping me structure my days. I know where my weak points are...the hurdles I have to get over to stay out of bed etc.

Anyway miss helles...what on earth are you doing posting at 4am??!?!

HellesBelles396 Sat 16-Mar-13 12:53:58

That and being awake at 4am Ed - since the new rod went in Tuesday I've started early-morning waking. Thankfully only lasts half an hour or so.

What's the name of the new thread Vicar?

Actually working on an assignment first time in a fortnight but hideously behind <grimace>

TheSilveryPussycat Sat 16-Mar-13 13:09:09

Level 1 (nighty, fleece dressing gown, bare feet) but having a very productive day smile Thanks to the internet, and the good ol' telephone. Bought a smart phone via Amazon, spoke to Dm, DD, and a friend by land line. House a tip but went shopping yesterday evening and am stocked up smile

Still in bed. Its been a rubbish day.

Done nothing worthwhile.

Going to pgce friends for tea and cake so must get up and put some washing on and eat lunch.

TheSilveryPussycat Sat 16-Mar-13 14:54:55

You're going to friends for tea and cake smile You're about to do something very worthwhile grin

bassetfeet Sat 16-Mar-13 16:28:49

Hello lovely ladies smile . Got a lot to catch up on and have been reading back.

NN so so sorry to read how tenacious the grip that damn head monster had on your mind and soul recently . My heart goes out to you . So glad that the new psych seems compassionate and on the ball . Like yourself I am on tricyclics and have been for 14 years [on low dose now] . Have every confidence that the new med will help you A spring time visit to the lovely Emerald Isle to see family and watch the springtime unfurl with them may well be the panacea your weary mind needs for peace and recovery . Lots of time to yourself to sit and relax though maybe also ?

Ed your daily diary is a fab idea for following your progress . Reading it from my viewpoint ..you have done so much each day despite the lure of bed . I truly see an upward curve in your struggles lovely lady . Re friends : some get it and others dont ...all have their place I guess . Upsetting when feeling vulnerable though. But others have attributes that shake us up a bit maybe .
Mindfog is the pits. I kind of think of it as a tired mind filtering the necessary stuff. It took a long time to get us to the despair/breakdown /call it whatever
Makes sense to me that it takes a very tired mind to recover also .

Vicar I love the news that you are still passionate about the horses . Love that you are having beauty treatments and looking after your inner soul and self esteem . Reading back in the thread you have come such a long way .
I cannot tell you how delighted I am that the meds have settled down and life is better for you . Jeeze having all those workmen around is GOLD STAR .

Work are being arses to you . The inspector who came to see you needs to be put in an archive somewhere in outer space .
Vicar go with your inner gut feeling and tell them . part time if possible and or /another station . Calm and dignified as you are anyway . I have feeling that give them a choice and they can choose one or the other and keep a valuable officer . Then all boxes are ticked for them and you can see very soon I guess if this makes you feel supported and the job frontline for now is worth it . For other options in the future more shift friendly and in your expertise re abuse etc .
He was vile to yousad. But remember they dont want to be taken to tribunal for not supporting a colleague enough to make them ill . Tactics Mmmm.

Snowy thinking of you and hope that you are home soon feeling a lot better .

Helles My house is a tip also . Hope the early morning wakening passes . At least with spring coming we can listen to the dawn chorus . Take care . Fatigue is so underestimated as a symptom. Take care .

Mama always kind and wise words . Hope your demons with that evil persons actions are being gently laid to rest . The world and the people in it need your input very much . I have no doubt that you will recover in time .
TIME . Not fair he has robbed your confidence at all . Can sense a very strong lady in you and you will be again . .

Sorry for anyone I have forgotten . Will read back later and amend.

I am ok . It is more that illness in our house is being piled onto illness if you get me. It is an onslaught at the minute . Feel as if all I do is whine and jitter.
Then you watch Red Nose Day telly and see Africa and all those little ones and their families. Anxiety ridden at the best of times it woke me up a bit .
Practicing my mindfulness more and it is helping .
love to all .

bassetfeet Sat 16-Mar-13 16:47:26

SPC your wise words and humour always make me smile . Your kindness .
Hope you are still ok and enjoying your busy life . smile
I had put your initials into my " for goodness sake dont forget " list for last mail ..but pressed send cos my mind was befuddled as is usual .

I bought a lovely notebook from Amazon . lovely parchment paper and hand made in India . Anything I need to remember is written there with lovely pen wink. So you are all there folks grin.... along with instructions how to use the telly remotes and how to empty new hoover . Deary me .

SnowyMouse Sat 16-Mar-13 17:34:23

Thanks for all of the kind words smile

Thinking of everyone.

HellesBelles396 Sat 16-Mar-13 21:01:00

glad to see your post snowy are you managing to relax at all? I'm not really sure what the treatment is supposed to be but I hope it is helping you.

basset, your posts - and mama's are always so detailed and full of concern for others. something for me to aspire to.

persuaded ds to go back to barbers today to get hooligan haircut (allowed by df yesterday) turned into something more appropriate. also dealt with him breaking wardrobe door during a row over said haircut! please him, he's having an asthma flare-up and sounds awful but all he can do is use his inhaler and try to relax.

managed to complete less than half my assignment today. the lure of reading a novel proved stronger than the lure of reading and summarising scientific papers. shame it's due Tuesday!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now