Note: Mumsnet has not checked the knowledge, experience or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk, so this is not necessarily the best place to seek help if you're feeling seriously distressed or suicidal. Mumsnet cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you need help urgently, please see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice and support.

Booked my dream holiday why cant I be happy?

(6 Posts)
Crawling Sun 27-Jan-13 14:10:22

Thank you yes I think it would help to be prepared early.

Mylittlepuds Sun 27-Jan-13 14:05:15

It will I'm sure. Just try and not put too much pressure on yourself to enjoy at all costs. It would also help me to start organising well in advance so your stress levels don't peak too much just prior! Suitcases packed etc.

Crawling Sun 27-Jan-13 12:55:13

I have a very supportive dp. Thanks for replying I just hope when I get there ill calm down a bit.

Mylittlepuds Sun 27-Jan-13 12:53:17

Oh Crawling. I know how you feel. My anxiety ruins everything. It's like a wrecking ball on my life and I can't just be happy about anything. There is the immediate panic of feeling like I'm going to die and then the other panic of developing cancer etc and being god I'm going to die. It's no fun at all.

Do you have a DH?

Crawling Fri 25-Jan-13 20:07:40

Anyone I dont want my depression and anxiety to spoil this for everyone.

Crawling Fri 25-Jan-13 09:37:18

Ive been wanting to go for years but I am just overly anxious. I keep worrying what if I get lost? ive never driven abroad and Im scared. Im newly passed and have only ever driven my car and instructors car what if I cant drive the rented car? What if the plane crashes? What if something happens to my dog? what if he forgets me?

Worst off all my paranoia centres around people watching my children to abduct them and as Im going to a child centred place I keep worrying someone will take them. In particular my dd who is autistic and cant talk much. I keep thinking they will take her and she wont be able to call for help.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now