Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

are there any books that help you look on the brighter side of life?

(2 Posts)
HellesBelles396 Wed 23-Jan-13 17:19:49

Hav you seen the WHO video for I had a black dog, his name is depression? Worth a view.

OwlLady Wed 23-Jan-13 14:56:00

I suffer with depression quite a bit but my life is extremely stressful and very isolating at time. I am a carer to my daughter who is severely disabled and has some complex health problems and I have recently had to give up work because of this.

Also in September I got my youngest child off to school and I feel at a bit of a loss in my life and everyhting is just depressing me. The news, the weather, the bloody weather it's awful.

Inormal walk alot and I find the exercise and fresh air helps no end with it, but atm I feel like I am hibernating and I cannot make positive changes at all.

I just wondered if anyone had read a good life changing book which helped with self help on dealing with stress and depression?

I had pyschodynamic counselling for a year following the death of my sister and that helped but I really feel like I cannot face having it again, not atm anyway

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now