Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Does anyone else feel like this?

(6 Posts)
HellesBelles396 Wed 23-Jan-13 17:07:06

daisy? How are you doing now? Have you seen anyone for help?

KB02 Sun 20-Jan-13 19:26:05

NOt felt exactly like you but have had depression and anxiety and not wanted to be bothered with looking after myself. Get yourself to the docs. They are used to dealing with these things. Now you have realised there's something up, don't suffer a minute more. Have you got an understanding friend you can confide in ?

misscomanche Sun 20-Jan-13 19:18:28

^Exactly what hellesbelles said. I had a successful course of CBT for OCD, and recommend it. The way you're feeling isn't at all unusual, but it isn't nice, and GP can help.

HellesBelles396 Sun 20-Jan-13 19:08:19

This sounds like OCD - a form of anxiety. It is very treatable using medication and cbt. Please make an emergency appointment to see your gp tomorrow.

Didn't want to read and not post. So sorry you're feeling like this OP, sounds awful. Are people in RL giving you support?

I personally don't have that sort of feeling but the irrational/scary thoughts and clouded perception do go with depression. Have you made an drs appointment at all?

craziedaisy Sun 20-Jan-13 15:11:34

I realise that I have been stuggling with depression/anxiety for a long time now. I have hit a really low point and I am feeling quite poorly at the moment. For a long time I have been stopping myself doing anything that is specific to me eg having my haircut, shaving my legs and even putting hand cream on my very sore hands. I tell myself that if I do something terrible will happen to me or someone I love. I know it can't go on it's almost like self harm. Does anyone else feel like this?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now