Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Seeing my GP tomorrow but struggling to articulate how I feel

(17 Posts)
3monkeys Thu 17-Jan-13 19:09:34

I do agree Nananina. It's a shame the impatient ones make people scared to come in. Glad you got some help puddle jumper.

Crawling Thu 17-Jan-13 19:07:43

yeah i had to wait 3 months for mine.

PeggyCarter Thu 17-Jan-13 19:05:13

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Crawling Thu 17-Jan-13 18:56:20

don't be surprised if it takes a while for your appointment. That is quite normal sadly.

PeggyCarter Thu 17-Jan-13 18:52:27

Crawling Thu 17-Jan-13 15:57:34

When I was first told I had scizoaffective(all bipolar 1 symptoms and schizophrenic episodes) I was really scared of the med but now I wouldn't be without them they put me back in control of my life. If you ask about the meds you usually only hear the bad stories but im telling you they have been brilliant for me.

Also did your gp say how long the list is?

PeggyCarter Thu 17-Jan-13 13:55:29

NanaNina Thu 17-Jan-13 12:33:46

Ah a GP on here - most unusual. Thing is you surely agree that just like anyone else GPs will differ greatly in their approach to their patients. You sound like a really good one, but to be honest I have come across some very bored, insensitive ones that want you out of the door as quickly as possible.

However I now have a wonderful GP but it's difficult to see her because she is so popular. I did suggest to the practice manager that maybe she could coach other GPs on best practice! Didn't get a reply.

JPJ glad you are getting the right diagnosis and can now get the right treatment which I understand is very effective in bipolar disorder.

PeggyCarter Thu 17-Jan-13 12:25:38

Crawling Thu 17-Jan-13 07:48:58

let us know how it goes.

PeggyCarter Wed 16-Jan-13 23:12:53

3monkeys Wed 16-Jan-13 20:19:32

I am a gp. Blurt out the bare bones of it and they'll carry on the conversation, I ask loads of questions!!

PeggyCarter Wed 16-Jan-13 20:17:19

Crawling Wed 16-Jan-13 16:30:13

I find they are more accepting and appreciate bullet points because it gives a very clear picture of how ill you are without having to read reams of a essay (not that you do that ob)

PeggyCarter Wed 16-Jan-13 15:47:38

Crawling Wed 16-Jan-13 14:52:42

I always find it useful to write each problem symptom down in bullet. points and hand over the list can you try doing that?

PeggyCarter Wed 16-Jan-13 13:23:57

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now