Note: Mumsnet has not checked the knowledge, experience or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk, so this is not necessarily the best place to seek help if you're feeling seriously distressed or suicidal. Mumsnet cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you need help urgently, please see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice and support.

Waiting for the crisis team - support needed.

(1000 Posts)

I have posted on the sertraline thread but wanted to post elsewhere.

I have been feeling increasingly unwell over the past few weeks and my self harm has increased. In the past week I have started to see signs from God that I should kill myself. I know that these are irrational thoughts but I am finding it hard not to believe them.

I saw my psychologist today and I was very upset because I feel so confused. I know what the signs are telling me but I am so scared. I don't know what the right thing to do is.

After I saw him I sat in my car for an hour outside the CMHT office, I couldn't move or do anything I just felt so stuck. The songs on the radio were giving me signs and I know that I have to hurt myself properly but I am so scared.

I went back inside and spoke to him again. He rang the crisis team and said that he had told them that while I am normally very high risk at the most they felt I was at a significant risk of harm that could only be managed in hospital.

They are coming out at 8pm to assess me for an admission.

I am so scared. I have been IP twice in the past six months. I feel like such a failure. I know I am seeing connections that aren't there, and my psychologist said that I am delusional but I can't shake it.

I am scared of an admission, scared of being at home and killing myself tonight. Scared. sad

I am not a bad person but all of these signs are showing me that I am.

EmmaGellerGreen Sun 14-Apr-13 17:08:52

Oh dear, reported again. Please ignore it Fluffy. X

SnowyMouse Sun 14-Apr-13 17:25:10

Take care fluffy thinking of you.

Sunnywithshowers Sun 14-Apr-13 17:45:46

Hello fluffy massive hugs to you, I hope you are enjoying the warm weather. xxx

pepperrabbit Sun 14-Apr-13 17:51:31

Hello fluffy, I have missed both the deleted posts but admire your measured responses.
I'm glad you've enjoyed the sunshine. My DH has taken the kids to see his family for the day, I wasn't quite up to it today. It was sunny here till roughly 15 minutes before my washing was completely dry - then it poured. Grrr!

TheSilveryPussycat Sun 14-Apr-13 23:25:23

Hi fluffy been feeling v down so have mostly been lurking, thank goodness I am feeling much better today, it was v short lived. I am so sorry you are having to live with feeling bad for so long, you are doing a good job of that, just keeping on is the job in hand. I agree with pepper about your measured responses.

Flowery leggings now! I think I am going to have to buy a pair, even though at my age I might have to stick to wearing them around the house...

Elderflowergranita Mon 15-Apr-13 01:01:39

Fluffy, I love your brave and articulate posts. Hope things get a little brighter for you soon. x

kizzie Mon 15-Apr-13 11:02:02

Hi fluffy Glad the leggings have had another outing.
Hope your week is ok.

Got a letter this morning about a referal that has been done about me, it is a bit scary really. I knew it had been done, but seeing it on paper makes it real (if that makes sense?)

I attempted last night but was found quite quickly (someone checked me on the off chance). Had a massive sleep after that which I think I needed.

Had a bit of a shout this morning about everything, sometimes I just feel so frustrated and then I hear myself and I just sound awful. Ughhh. Everyone asks me how I am and my answer is always "shit" so depressing! I sometimes lie but then they know I am lying so what is the point.

On a brighter note it is sunny and warm(ish) and my husband is visiting tonight.

SnowyMouse Mon 15-Apr-13 16:47:50

Hope you enjoy your visit smile

TheSilveryPussycat Mon 15-Apr-13 20:47:13

I'm afraid I answer 'how are you?' honestly, when I'm feeling a bit bad (nothing like you though sad flowers ) 'Feeling a bit fed up' or at best 'Bearing up' I grunt, while knowing I should just be saying 'Fine' or the person asking will be perplexed confused

But in your situation it's better you say how you feel, especially if it's a member of staff asking you.

We've had a lovely sunny day here too.

Are you feeling any better silvery?

Seen Dr, seen DH (briefly - he is full of man flu), whined a bit and whinged. Usual Monday ;)

TheSilveryPussycat Mon 15-Apr-13 21:04:35

I am feeling a lot better thanks, fluffy. Had some stuff I was sorting in my head re DF - we both have Asperger's (I'm pretty sure) which leads to occasional fireworks, the most recent when I visited the other week. But these days I seem to actually get sorted, instead of getting stuck feeling down like I used to.

Did the Dr say much? any help at all? Hope DH gets over his ailment soon. It's so good that you are able to whine and whinge to him, he sounds lovely is he good looking?

Sunnywithshowers Mon 15-Apr-13 22:35:30

I'm glad you were found lovely xxx

I hope you sleep well tonight and tomorrow is a better day x

It is very sunny here smile

I had a terrible night last night involving A&E, the police and seclusion but feel a bit brighter today and have still managed to hold off a PICU admission (thank God). Some stuff is messing with my head a bit today but will try and speak to my key worker about that. Hopefully will have a peaceful day and night. I didn't get to sleep until 5am and got up at 10am so I might have a little nap.

Went out with DH yesterday which was nice, I have discovered cookie pies at Morrisons. V.v.yummy!

SnowyMouse Thu 18-Apr-13 16:32:11

I'm sorry to hear you had such a bad night, Fluffy. Glad you got a lie in.

Sunnywithshowers Thu 18-Apr-13 16:41:07

Enjoy your nap Fluffy, it sounds like you need it. Take care of yourself xxx

pepperrabbit Thu 18-Apr-13 19:20:01

We had gloom, sunshine, a monster thunder rain & hail storm, rainbows and sun again here!
Hope you got your nap.

TheSilveryPussycat Fri 19-Apr-13 10:48:46

Hoping you caught up with some sleep fluffy.

Looked at leggings at George @ Asda yesterday but they were all a bit meh. New Look beckons.

It is very gloomy here today, I am very tired still. Didn't have a sleep yesterday but had a good sleep last night but still feel worn out.

DH is visiting later and I have had a chicken sandwich for my lunch. Thrilling ;)

I think Sainsburys is good for leggings and boohoo.com, I am boring today in skinny jeans ;)

EmmaGellerGreen Sat 20-Apr-13 20:13:22

It's been a glorious sunny day here today, hope you've seen some sun and had a good day.

TheSilveryPussycat Sun 21-Apr-13 15:47:21

Just a quick pop in and a [hug] and a brew

I have been transcribing the notes from my last admission. They make interesting reading.

SnowyMouse Sun 21-Apr-13 17:24:43

Hope you got a nap fluffy

Sunnywithshowers Sun 21-Apr-13 17:40:51

Hi fluffy I hope you're feeling okay today.

Arf at chicken salad sandwich, you're definitely living life on the edge grin

Big hugs x

Have seen my SIL and BIL today which was lovely, we played Scrabble and Pass the Pigs. I have also painted my fingernails (lilac) and toenails (sparkly red), DH is bringing the guinea pig in a bit because he is not well and we are going to have him put down this week sad So I am saying goodbye.

It is much cooler here today, very cloudy.

SnowyMouse Sun 21-Apr-13 18:54:09

I'm sorry fluffy sad

This thread is not accepting new messages.