Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Waiting for the crisis team - support needed.

(1000 Posts)

I have posted on the sertraline thread but wanted to post elsewhere.

I have been feeling increasingly unwell over the past few weeks and my self harm has increased. In the past week I have started to see signs from God that I should kill myself. I know that these are irrational thoughts but I am finding it hard not to believe them.

I saw my psychologist today and I was very upset because I feel so confused. I know what the signs are telling me but I am so scared. I don't know what the right thing to do is.

After I saw him I sat in my car for an hour outside the CMHT office, I couldn't move or do anything I just felt so stuck. The songs on the radio were giving me signs and I know that I have to hurt myself properly but I am so scared.

I went back inside and spoke to him again. He rang the crisis team and said that he had told them that while I am normally very high risk at the most they felt I was at a significant risk of harm that could only be managed in hospital.

They are coming out at 8pm to assess me for an admission.

I am so scared. I have been IP twice in the past six months. I feel like such a failure. I know I am seeing connections that aren't there, and my psychologist said that I am delusional but I can't shake it.

I am scared of an admission, scared of being at home and killing myself tonight. Scared. sad

I am not a bad person but all of these signs are showing me that I am.

pixwix Sun 03-Mar-13 22:06:07

Hi Fluffy - have been following your thread - hope PICU isn't too bad - am thinking of you x

kizzie Mon 04-Mar-13 11:49:33

Hi Fluffy - will be thinking of you - and we'll all be here waiting for you when you can post again x

Hello smile

I am back at the unit I was on before I went to PICU after 6 days on PICU. It was ok really, very restrictive but ok, the staff were nice and there was a girl I knew there so we played cards and watched TV all day really. I missed texting my DH loads though! You are not allowed to even get yourself a drink, but then tbh I don't mind people bringing me cups of tea!

I got back today and have been pretty shakey, I have been off constant obs for a week now, finding it hard though. I have some planned times on constants here now but not as much (like specific risky times of the day). Trying some different approaches to see what impact that has on me.

Changing my meds from sertraline to fluxoetine (sp) to see if that helps my twitchyness.

So we shall see! I wish I could say things were all better but they aren't but I am here and have had a lovely visit with DH which is positive I guess.

TheSilveryPussycat Wed 06-Mar-13 23:07:01

Hello fluffy good to 'see' you. It does sound like you have made progress. Glad different approaches are being tried. Hugs to you and to your lovely DH when you next see him.

Sunnywithshowers Wed 06-Mar-13 23:07:36

Hello darling how lovely to 'see' you! smile

I hope the new meds start to work soon, they've been good for me in the past. It's a shame you have to get your own tea now, that doesn't sound bad at all...

I'm glad you had a good visit with your DH. Big, big squeezy hugs xxx

Pancakeflipper Wed 06-Mar-13 23:26:02

Hey Fluffy! It's good to see you again.

Glad you had someone to help you keep entertained. Missed you. Hope your DH gets to see you soon x

Maebe Thu 07-Mar-13 10:00:56

Hi Fluffy! It's really good to hear from you again. I'm glad you are able to smile, even if it is just online grin, and that you had a lovely visit with your DH. You sound a bit more upbeat than before, which is great. Keep us posted, we're all here x

Elderflowergranita Thu 07-Mar-13 10:28:39

Great to see you back Fluffy! I only logged to on to see how you were.

How the new approach will start to make a difference. x

Oh gosh, thank you for these kind messages. Had an up and down day today, finding it hard tonight but we shall see. The unit is so noisy which is unsettling for me.

I have mostly eaten chocolate, bought from ebay (so easy! too easy!) and cried. DH is visiting tomorrow (he doesn't come on Thursdays) and we are having Chinese. Trying to hold onto that thought to be safe. Easier said than done I guess.

leelteloo Fri 08-Mar-13 06:32:34

Morning Fluffy, hope the unit was quit last night so you could get some rest. X

EmmaGellerGreen Fri 08-Mar-13 08:07:59

Morning Fluffy, lovely to have you back! Hope you had a restful night.

binger Fri 08-Mar-13 10:33:19

Morning g fluffy. I've just read through whole thread and posting you for first time. I can't really add to what others have said but I think you are remarkable and strong. Probably doesn't feel like it to you but you have such a battle on your hands and you are winning it.

I loved your pictures, think I might give it a go myself, bet it's really relaxing. Dh keeps telling me I need a hobby! Enjoy your Chinese tonight, dh made a macaroni cheese for us, not my favourite (too stodgy, much rather have Chinese smile ) but the kids love it.

Keep us posted, everyone really cares about you.

SnowyMouse Sat 09-Mar-13 15:22:33

Afternoon fluffy, been thinking of you loads. I was sectioned onto a 3 last Wednesday. sad

leelteloo Sat 09-Mar-13 15:30:46

Are you still on section snowy? Hope you are ok?

SnowyMouse Sat 09-Mar-13 15:52:03

Section 3 means they can keep you for to 6 months, so I am unfortunately. sad

leelteloo Sat 09-Mar-13 17:05:38

hmm Snowy. Hope you have a peaceful weekend.

Oh I love macaroni cheese.

Had a bad few days, had a huge kick off tonight so ALL of my stuff has been taken out, lots of swearing and shouting from me blush Not my finest moment.

On constants until I go to sleep now.

Sorry about your section Snowy. Did they put you straight on a 3 or via a 2? I am on a 3.

TheSilveryPussycat Sun 10-Mar-13 08:55:55

Oh dear fluffy and you don't seem at all the sweary sort on here... Are the signs still there then? You only seem to have been on ADs - would you consider a mild dose of (say) olanzapine? I have been on this and it's quite gentle.

SnowyMouse Sun 10-Mar-13 09:49:39

Straight on a 3 as I'm known to them. sad

I hope today is a better day for you fluffy hugs

Having not brilliant days. Tried to kill myself a few times, really struggling. Hard work. On constants until I go to sleep at the moment.

Ho hum.

Lucyellensmum95 Sun 10-Mar-13 23:55:22

aww fluffy - xxx

Sunnywithshowers Mon 11-Mar-13 00:05:59

I'm sorry you're feeling so rubbish Fluffy. Big squeezy hugs xxx

SnowyMouse Tue 12-Mar-13 16:07:30

Thinking of you, .fluffy

Pancakeflipper Tue 12-Mar-13 16:09:08

Thinking of you Fluffy. Hope today has been a little calmer for you.

Hope everything is going ok with you snowy

Nothing exciting to report here! I have tried a few times (and failed obv!!), had a big meeting about me yesterday, am staying on my Section for now and having some joint working from my CPN and key nurse here.

Feeling quite low (as usual) and very fed up! I have been writing to some friends which helps and I have quite the collection of cards now which is nice, I have a notice board in my room where I can put them up and my friend's little boys drew me some pictures. Have also spent some money on New Look online and M&S (bras!) to try and cheer myself up, oh and I painted my nails a very sparkly gold. At least if I feel shitty inside I can look ok on the outside?

This thread is not accepting new messages.