Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Just smashed a plate.

(5 Posts)
BunFagFreddie Wed 02-Jan-13 23:56:54

If you are being diagnosed at the moment, are you in touch with a mental health team? They should have given you a number for the crisis team. If not, you'll be able to Google it. There's no shame in calling that number for some support, that's what it's there for.

HellesBelles396 Wed 02-Jan-13 20:25:17

mrswolowitz let dh deal with the dc's (since he's had the day off at work) and the dishwasher (if he's the one putting dirty dishes in) and give yourself a break. Whatever destresses you - I have a playlist that calms me down then improves my mood.

GracieLoo Wed 02-Jan-13 20:16:09

Sorry you feel so stressed. I don't have a lot of advice but wanted you to know you're not alone in losing it. It's so hard to explain what goes through your head isn't it, then the feelings of guilt and upset afterwards is horrible, especially when kids are around. Are you on meds?

MrsWolowitz Wed 02-Jan-13 17:10:06

DH has just walked in.

He's chasing the kids around and tickling them. They're screaming with laughter.

I've spent all day with them and not once have the laughed like that sad

MrsWolowitz Wed 02-Jan-13 16:57:26

Following on from my melt down thread yesterday the wheel is coming off again.

I have terrible depression and am in the process of being diagnosed with bipolar.

Today wasn't too bad. Played with the kids, bought biscuits and sprinkles and icing sugar and came home and decorated the biscuits.

They started playing up an hour or so ago. Dog has pissed in the house 3 fucking times today. She's incontinent and pisses everywhere.

Went to empty the dishwasher and everything was covered in a gritty dried on crap. I've told DH hundreds of times not to put food in the dishwasher as it goes in the filters and fucks it up. He doesn't listen.

I lost it. Started to clean the crap off but it's dried on, the kids were in the other room screaming "mummy mummy" wanting me to play again and I just threw the plate and its smashed everywhere.

What a tit. Now I'm minus a plate and have loads of crap to clean up.

So fucking exhausted and drained. Will I ever feel normal again?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now