Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Driving away

(1000 Posts)
Pumble Fri 28-Dec-12 00:52:13

I don't know where to post this and don't know what to do. I'm sitting here crying again with my 5 week old dd2 and just know that the best thing I could do for both of my girls is to get in the car and drive. If dd2 ever goes to sleep that is what I must do. I won't be leaving them alone and it will break my heart but it's what will be best for them. They deserve so much better than the useless failure of a mother they have.

I don't know why I'm posting this. I guess to feel less alone

magimedi Sat 01-Jun-13 11:16:03

Hallo Pumble!

You sound like you are coping pretty damn well to me. Hope you have got the lovely sunny weather we've got today & that all goes well with getting to the funeral & the occasion itself.

rowrowrowtheboat Sat 01-Jun-13 21:50:25

Hope the sunshine today encouraged good moods in the pumblettes and fun was had by all hunting rabbits, ducks and statues.

I had a day of birthday parties, with DD2 very cross she wasn't going to either party with her sister. She was not amused and let us all know, very clearly how she felt.

rowrowrowtheboat Mon 03-Jun-13 07:40:38

Wishing you well for your travelling today, and I'm sure lots of us will be thinking of you tomorrow.

Pumble Mon 03-Jun-13 11:48:53

Thank you. We're doing four and a half hours today and the rest tomorrow morning. I have lots of sticker books for pumblett1. I've a ended up on the wrong motorway once already....bodes well!!

rowrowrowtheboat Mon 03-Jun-13 13:19:42

Don't end up at the wrong end of the country! Let me know how you get on. I'm putting off a five hour drive with two children but will have to do it in the summer. I don't envy you. Hope the Pumblettes like your driving music, you could have them singing along knowing the words by the end of the journey,or you will be throwing their children's CD out of the window!

Pumble Mon 03-Jun-13 16:27:01

Made it to the hotel and all still alive and no accidents en route from pumblette 1! Who knows what the night will bring as we are all in one room.... I have my knitting to do in the bathroom if they sleep...

rowrowrowtheboat Mon 03-Jun-13 17:08:34

Hooray! Mission accomplished, and well done pumblette 1! Enjoy a tea out and good luck being in one room. Once they settle, you should be free to knit!

magimedi Mon 03-Jun-13 17:21:57

Well done! You are amazing.

Wylye Mon 03-Jun-13 23:36:40

Hope your knitting's going well Pumble!
Well done on the journey so far, hope the next leg goes smoothly.

DH is away this week so I'm enjoying having some free-wheeling days with DS, throwing the routine entirely out of the window! smile

LittleBearPad Tue 04-Jun-13 07:51:20

Hi Pumble. Hope the rest of your journey goes well today and that the funeral is also ok. You're doing so great.

rowrowrowtheboat Tue 04-Jun-13 09:21:07

Good morning pumble. You have been doing so well. Hope the funeral is ok. There are MNetters thinking of you, sending you strength for the day.

Pumble Tue 04-Jun-13 23:41:13

Very little Internet but just wanted to say we are doing ok. Last night with us all sharing a room worked out ok and we got through today although as you can imagine very tough at times. Doing the whole journey in one go tomorrow which could be interesting.... Pumblett 2 currently screaming - praying she doesn't wake pumblette 1....

Hope you've all been enjoying the sunshine. Your faith in me has really helped.

rowrowrowtheboat Wed 05-Jun-13 07:36:52

Sunshine is brilliant, but must make sure the sun cream reaches my toes wink

You have done two hard things this week, a mammoth journey, and attend a funeral, don't under estimate how well you've done. I hope the return journey isn't too stressful, please stop often, even if they are both sleeping, and in my book bribery rewards for good behaviour for the children can reach epic levels on days like today.

Please please give yourself a treat when you get home over the next few days, you deserve it.

Pumble Wed 05-Jun-13 22:18:26

Made it home in one piece and all smiling (although there were one or two tense moments...) and mr p home too so the pumbletons are back together.

Shattered from all the driving but so pleased I went and feel a little bit proud of the pumbletts and me smile

LittleBearPad Wed 05-Jun-13 22:33:09

Well done! Glad you're all together again. You've done brilliantly.

rowrowrowtheboat Thu 06-Jun-13 08:38:06

You should rightly feel proud. Hope the reunited pumblettes do something nice this weekend. Enjoy the sunshine today too, while everyone recovers from an exhausting few days.

I'm waiting for the clouds to disappear.

Wylye Thu 06-Jun-13 09:56:38

Yay! Well done all three of you. smile

brew and [DairyMilk] all round.

Happy weekend! xx

Pumble Thu 06-Jun-13 22:18:02

One of those nights with the pumbletts.... And mr p still too jet lagged to help. Sleep pumbletts sleep!!

How's your week without your DH going wylye

Wylye Fri 07-Jun-13 00:31:56

He got home this afternoon! I rather enjoyed the time on our own tbh, it was nicely chaotic.
DS was so excited to see him it was hilarious smile

I hope the girls have settled by now, and Mr P can pitch in tomorrow night!

Pumble Wed 19-Jun-13 22:09:42

Just saying hi! grin

The pumblettes and I are hanging on in there. Might be given some cbt-very up in the air at the moment but fingers crossed if I get it, it helps.

Hope you're all doing ok. smile

Wylye Thu 20-Jun-13 09:54:52

Morning Pumble!

Fingers crossed for the CBT, we're probably in the same PCT so you should get it. My Doc got me to self-refer to Healthy Minds, and I had telephone consultations over six weeks.
It's a good process, altho it doesn't fix any causes, it teaches you how to cope with and alter your behaviour, and they don't rush you. Every week you fill in the same questionnaire about mood and anxiety levels, which helps you track your progress. (I started with 'Moderate Depression' and was at 'Mild' when I finished).

Please don't under-play anything, it's really important to answer honestly.

Hope you're all out and about enjoying the warm weather this week! xx

rowrowrowtheboat Thu 20-Jun-13 21:34:05

Hi back to you. Good to hear from you.

Good luck with getting CBT.

magimedi Thu 20-Jun-13 23:02:31

So hope you get the CBT - it helped my DS hugely when he had some very serious problems.

And well done on all your travels!

(((xxx)))

Pumble Sun 23-Jun-13 19:22:40

Well, the CBT is happening and should start in the next couple of weeks at home, so fingers crossed it helps.

I'm doing ok, but I do find that my moods can change at the drop of a hat, which is really hard for everyone I think and I'm rather snappy (I think mr P might say very snappy....!). A lack of sleep isn't helping, and I can't even blame the girls for that as they are sleeping well!

The girls are being lovely together which is so great to see, but I don't know where my babies are going - they both seem to have suddenly grown up so much!

Hope you have all had a good weekend smile

magimedi Sun 23-Jun-13 20:32:19

So please to hear that you have CBT happening - I really hope it helps you & from, second hand, experience I feel very hopeful for you.

Am afraid that ones DCs grow up very fast - mine is going to be 32 soon & I wonder where the time has gone!

This thread is not accepting new messages.