Note: Mumsnet has not checked the knowledge, experience or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk, so this is not necessarily the best place to seek help if you're feeling seriously distressed or suicidal. Mumsnet cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you need help urgently, please see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice and support.

Driving away

(1000 Posts)
Pumble Fri 28-Dec-12 00:52:13

I don't know where to post this and don't know what to do. I'm sitting here crying again with my 5 week old dd2 and just know that the best thing I could do for both of my girls is to get in the car and drive. If dd2 ever goes to sleep that is what I must do. I won't be leaving them alone and it will break my heart but it's what will be best for them. They deserve so much better than the useless failure of a mother they have.

I don't know why I'm posting this. I guess to feel less alone

Pumble Mon 15-Apr-13 19:32:54

The pumbletts and I are all still alive! After today I consider this massive achievement!

Am absolutely shattered though. Am so hoping they settle this evening so I can get to bed early!

Thank you so so so much for all your support. Thank you

magimedi Mon 15-Apr-13 19:56:51

Am sure you are shattered.

You have done so well, you have been to the very edge & come back from it. As your lovely girls grow up they are so going to benefit from having a mother who is good at coping and, even more so, has realised that something is wrong & has not been afraid to ask for help & take it from where ever it has come.

Huge hugs - am away from early tomorrow am but will 'check in' with you when I get back.

Sunnywithshowers Mon 15-Apr-13 22:40:28

I'm glad you're all alive grin - there was a Camberwell carrot Vuvuzela emoticon I'd be blowing at you if it still existed.

Sleep well Pumble and the Pumbletts xxx

Sunnywithshowers Mon 15-Apr-13 22:41:10

Whoops - it was an Olympic Torch not Camberwell carrot Vuvuzela emoticon

DeepRedBetty Mon 15-Apr-13 22:46:15

What time is Mr Pumble due home tomorrow? I wonder who will give him the biggest squashiest hug, you or Pumblett 1? Pumblett 2 will probably behave angelically the moment he's home, they do that to make one feel extra inadequate I think grin

Chin up and hope you're having a peaceful night. x DRB

waterlego Tue 16-Apr-13 08:57:50

Hi Pumble, hope you're doing ok today?

Just wanted to mention a couple of things which have helped me a bit (apologies if they have already been mentioned...I have read most of the thread now but not quite all of it). Alongside ADs, I found B vitamins and Magnesium to be helpful supplements. I don't really understand why but there is a lot of research out there about the efficacy of these supplements for various MH problems. I also take EPO because my hormones are a bastard smile

Do you get much exercise? I know your DD2 is still very little and you probably don't get much spare time so that's probably a really silly question. But in time, once you are able to take more time for yourself, exercise is really helpful; or at least I have found it to be.

Time to yourself in general is a wonderful thing. Do you get any? I hope so. Yoga and meditation are nice ways to focus on yourself and clear your head a bit. I know some people think they're a bit 'woo' but you don't necessarily have to buy into all the Chakra stuff, or Buddhism to get some benefit from those activities.

Hope today goes ok. x

Pumble Tue 16-Apr-13 14:31:23

He's home gringringringringringringrin

Wylye Tue 16-Apr-13 15:27:51

Yippee!!!! Welcome home Mr P!
I hope he's given you lots of big hugs and you're going to all get out in the sunshine together this afternoon!
xx

Wylye Tue 16-Apr-13 15:29:58

And - if you all go out, how about he has them at a playground or something for 1/2 an hour while you pootle off to the shops on your own for a bit? Even if you just go to buy loo roll! As Lego says, time on your own is fab - 'tis very healing.

smile

ImNotCute Tue 16-Apr-13 16:20:09

Yippee, you made it! I hope you manage to get a bit of time off now.

DeepRedBetty Tue 16-Apr-13 16:32:29

Hello Mr Pumble! Hope you survived being hugged by Pumble and Pumblett 1. I think they may have missed you just a tiny bit ... grin

magimedi Tue 16-Apr-13 17:40:24

So happy to log in & hear that news.

What a star you have been, Pumble. You've done it!

wine (((X)))

Pumble Thu 18-Apr-13 14:20:22

It's so good to have Mr Pumble back and some sunshine!! The pumblett(e!)s and I have had a lovely time running around in the sun and today pumblett 1 asked for her nappy to be taken off and then a little later asked for the potty and did a wee - wonders will never cease!! It may be a one off but even so, at least it means its possible!!

Hope you are all enjoying the sunshine too (although it seems to have gone into hiding here at the moment!). smile

Wylye Thu 18-Apr-13 14:36:32

Aah lovely to hear it! smile
I hope Mr Pumble has got his breath back after his welcome home hugfest!
Does he appreciate how hard it was for you while he was away and how well you did keeping it together in the circs?

Well done to P1, that is v impressive. How old is she now?

Pumble Thu 18-Apr-13 19:37:12

I think mr pumble realised! And he knows he owes me big time ( especially as its been a solo bedtime again tonight due to work...I've hardly seen him since he got back!)!

Pumblett 1 was two a few weeks ago. (So i no longer have two under two!) Not really potty training until the summer but as she asked I felt it was silly to say no! As I say I'm sure it will never happen again!!

Pumble Thu 18-Apr-13 19:41:26

I meant to ask how are bedtimes going now wylye

Wylye Thu 18-Apr-13 22:06:15

For some reason I had convinced myself she was 3! Oops. DS is 2 in a couple of weeks time and is nowhere near asking for the potty! He still thinks its a footbath. hmm

Bedtimes are hugely improved since last night - he moved into his big bed! Every sleep since has been as simple as laying him down, eyes shut, fast asleep! Amazing difference, fingers crossed it lasts.

I hope you all have a lovely weekend together, xx

Wylye Thu 25-Apr-13 18:21:03

Happy sunny Thursday Pumble! Just checking in - how's this week gone?
Hope the good weather has cheered you all up - it has us!
xx

magimedi Fri 03-May-13 19:41:11

Waving - at Pumble & Mr P & the Pumblettes!!

How's things?

Pumble Thu 09-May-13 09:13:54

Just to say I didn't abandon the thread but I am so ashamed and embarassed at how bad things have got I haven't been able to post. Sorry. Hope you are all well smile

Wylye Thu 09-May-13 09:31:33

Rollercoaster time again eh? sad
I'm sorry to hear things have gone downhill, do you want to talk about it?
Please don't feel you have to, this thread is just meant to help and support you, but if you still find it helpful to chat with us then don't feel embarrassed - we're still listening.

Hugs to you xx

DeepRedBetty Thu 09-May-13 09:34:26

Hi, sorry if things have got on top of you again. sad We're all still here to be dumped on.

LittleBearPad Thu 09-May-13 12:57:12

Hiya, sorry its got hard again. It will get better again but in the meantime we're here for you. Big hug

rowrowrowtheboat Thu 09-May-13 20:37:31

Sorry to hear that. Please remember roller coasters go up again. Take all the things that will help that you can - eating regularly and well helps, go to bed early in the evening. I hated doing it, but it won't be forever and more sleep can make a difference. Reach out to friends here and in RL, and most of all,you have no reason to feel embarrassed.

Sending hugs and you-can-do-it vibes.

rowrowrowtheboat Fri 10-May-13 20:55:37

How has today been?

This thread is not accepting new messages.