Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Driving away

(1000 Posts)
Pumble Fri 28-Dec-12 00:52:13

I don't know where to post this and don't know what to do. I'm sitting here crying again with my 5 week old dd2 and just know that the best thing I could do for both of my girls is to get in the car and drive. If dd2 ever goes to sleep that is what I must do. I won't be leaving them alone and it will break my heart but it's what will be best for them. They deserve so much better than the useless failure of a mother they have.

I don't know why I'm posting this. I guess to feel less alone

Pumble Mon 18-Mar-13 07:43:26

Pumblett 1 had a good night so fingers crossed this will have helped her feel better smile

Feeling v stressed about in laws but I keep trying to remember it will only be a couple of hours and then won't see them until the summer but those couple of hours are definitely long enough!

LittleBearPad Mon 18-Mar-13 09:31:08

Glad Pumblett1 had a good night.

Good luck this afternoon. Just think they'll have been and gone soon.

DonkeysDontRideBicycles Mon 18-Mar-13 10:25:36

Hope it's a flying visit! Beofere they arrive plump up cushions pretending it's them and get any anxiety out of your system. Then calm and friendly when they step into your home, you have nothing to be apologetic for. Don't minimise your own input, say complimentary things about Mr Pumble and just focus on keeping in-laws supplied with cups of tea. After the 3rd you can say "Do help yourselves while I change DD2's nappy" and escape for some quiet time.

DeepRedBetty Mon 18-Mar-13 10:33:07

Good luck Pumble. There's some horrible IL's out there at the moment, if you want to cheer yourself up you can always think to yourself at least they can't be as bad as curiousgeorgie's on this thread.

Still hoping Karma's caught up with that judgy bitch you ran into the other day.

Magimedi Mon 18-Mar-13 11:45:47

Glad to hear P1 had good night.

Totally agree with Donkeys advice.

It will soon be over.

Pumble Mon 18-Mar-13 13:57:22

Feeling v sick about impending visit... Have cleaned the house from top to bottom, changed relevant photos etc and am practising my best smile.... I keep focussing on the fact that they will probably be here less than two hours.

I know the first thing they say before they even say hello will be 'The front garden could do with some work'. Yes, I know it could, but actually, we do sort of have our hands full and it hasn't been great gardening weather!! There will be a lot of cushion plumping going on....! They will lose interest in the pumbletts very rapidly, and then just want to talk about Mr Pumble's work and the boiler etc. Is it wrong to slightly hope they turn up right in the middle of pumblett 2's feed as they hate me breastfeeding and told me it's bad?! (I must be feeling more positive as my stubborn/blood mindedness etc is definitely returning....). Maybe I could set up in-law bingo in terms of phrases and things they will complain about and play it with mr pumble whilst they're here - hmmmm - that could make it more bearable!

Right - must just check everything is as under control as I hope it is....

deepredbetty haven't had a chance to look at the thread yet but hope to do later once they've gone

Thank goodness you only have to see them a few times a year! shock

Enjoy the bingo and do a little dance around the sitting room when they leave!! X

Magimedi Mon 18-Mar-13 15:49:59

Gawd - they sound awful.

Every cloud - at least you have a shiny clean house & can have a nice easy day tomorrow. With a treat - chocolate??

Pumble Mon 18-Mar-13 17:05:13

They have gone! Only 1 and a half hours! Thank God. Can I have wine when the pumbletts are asleep?!!

Magimedi Mon 18-Mar-13 17:20:47

wine wine & even wine.

Bet you feel great now it's over!

DeepRedBetty Wed 20-Mar-13 08:37:16

Have the Pumbletts giving you a chance to look at that thread yet? It's a bit of a marathon - about 30 pages when I last looked!

I've enjoyed this one very much if you fancy a giggle. Not long, only 23 messages.

Gorgeous morning here, hope it's nice in your area too.

Pumble Tue 26-Mar-13 11:10:42

Deep breaths and count to ten. smile

magimedi Tue 26-Mar-13 13:53:28

But at least your smiling!

How's things?

magimedi Tue 26-Mar-13 13:54:09

you're - I wish there was a minute's window of edit here!

magimedi Thu 28-Mar-13 23:00:59

Pumble - I am waving at you!

How's life?

Pumble Fri 29-Mar-13 07:13:29

Morning all.

We have had a funny couple of weeks as I'm really uneasy about mr pumble going away. I'm pretty sure I'm being horrible to him but I just feel so on edge about being on my own for that long. Pumblett 1 has started waking at 6:45 ( very very early for her) and so is a delight by 9:30..... Which I think is worrying me more!

I did throw pumblett 1 a birthday party at the last minute and according to mr pumble I went into super mum mode to make it all special!

I am feeling so much better but feel cross with myself at the moment for being so on edge with everyone.

I got told last week how I always have everything so under control and am so capable etc- so much of me wanted to scream 'its all an act! I have no idea what I'm doing!'

Escaped to parents for Easter which is great though. Hope you all have a fab weekend.

Oh, and at the last minute I managed to take the pumbletts into London and back on five trains this week as pumblett 1 was driving me loopy asking to go on a train so I must be feeling more like me! Although breastfeeding in the snow on a freezing platform was a pain!!

magimedi Fri 29-Mar-13 10:35:06

When does Mr P go away? Am I right in thinking he'll be away a couple of weeks?

Can you go to parents for a long w/e half way through, to have a break & give yourself something to look forward to?

Any friends who can come & visit you? And I mean the sort of friends who will help with things, not expect to be entertained.

And we'll all be here for you.

Have a lovely week end.

Hello Pumble, I can't think straight due to ear infection but am sending you happy thoughts and wishes for a fun and relaxed Easter with our family, xx.

Pumble Tue 02-Apr-13 22:10:41

I've just used the tune of 'Hush little baby don't you cry' to the words 'hush my baby go to sleep, mummy can't cope just go to sleep'. That's not a good thing is it? I did sing it gently through my tears though. Hopefully she didn't notice.....

LittleBearPad Tue 02-Apr-13 22:13:50

Oh lovely. You'll be ok. Promise. Are they both asleep now? If so can you put your Pjs on, get a cuppa or wine and catch your breath. Big unmumsnetty hug.

Pumble Tue 02-Apr-13 22:18:01

No. One still awake. And not settling. Just sitting here weeping whilst holding her.

Pumble Tue 02-Apr-13 22:20:26

Not helped by a freezing house as heating broke! Although it does appear to be working now.

I'm sorry. I'm just being a whinge!

LittleBearPad Tue 02-Apr-13 22:27:54

No you aren't. It's knackering and dodgy heating doesn't ever help especially as its freezing at the moment. I'm glad it seems to be on now for you.

Is it pumblett 1 or pumblett 2?

Pumble Tue 02-Apr-13 22:30:14

Pumblett 2. I stupidly got her quiet avd then tried to put her down so back to square one. Pants

Pumble Tue 02-Apr-13 22:35:37

And why do I have to feel so much worse now given mr pumble leaves at 5am on Thursday for almost two weeks! I needed to be in coping mode.

This thread is not accepting new messages.