Note: Mumsnet has not checked the knowledge, experience or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk, so this is not necessarily the best place to seek help if you're feeling seriously distressed or suicidal. Mumsnet cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you need help urgently, please see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice and support.

Driving away

(1000 Posts)
Pumble Fri 28-Dec-12 00:52:13

I don't know where to post this and don't know what to do. I'm sitting here crying again with my 5 week old dd2 and just know that the best thing I could do for both of my girls is to get in the car and drive. If dd2 ever goes to sleep that is what I must do. I won't be leaving them alone and it will break my heart but it's what will be best for them. They deserve so much better than the useless failure of a mother they have.

I don't know why I'm posting this. I guess to feel less alone

Pumble Mon 28-Jan-13 21:20:58

So I wrote a reply but it seems to have disappeared...

It wasn't taken as bossy smile

I'm not very good at letting people drop in - I really panic about the state of the house... it always seems so chaotic and no matter how many times I try to sort it, it always turns back into chaos!!

I am making us go out every day - lots of duck hunting and train hunting (thank God for train drivers that beep the horn at toddlers waving from a bridge!).

DeepRedBetty Mon 28-Jan-13 21:49:31

Hi there, dnephew believes that all train drivers do it just for him. Bless.

I know what you mean about drop-ins, even now I still feel faintly guilty about living in a normal house rather than a show-home. But hey, guess what? I've discovered most people feel more comfortable in houses where there are stray socks half under the sofa and the last batch of tea mugs haven't been washed up since the day before yesterday for an hour or two.

at my worse I used the excuse of magazines to force myself out of the house. (tues- tv, wed- peoples friend, thurs - takaeabreak, fri - local paper)

Sunnywithshowers Mon 28-Jan-13 22:07:55

Hello lovely

I hate, hate, hate drop ins. But love train drivers who beep the horn.

It's definitely okay not to want to see people very much - I'm a bit like that when I'm in a good space smile

Wishing you a restful night xxx

geekette Mon 28-Jan-13 22:20:54

train drivers have never honked or beeped for me... sad grin

Wishing you a restful night too!

We've started on sticker charts as a means to get some sleep/get DD to go into the bath. So far, it seems to be having some positive effect. At just 2, she's not quite got the hang of it all, but she loves seeing the stickers going onto the chart.

I've realised the secret to unscary baths is to make it a regular thing. We'd stopped for a while as we were getting hysterical crying and monkey-climbing up us every time we put her in. Now I run a shallow bath with lots of bubbles and get in too. Seems to do the trick.
(Although it was slightly better when I had some bath stuff that made the water all purple. Must go to Lush again!).

DeepRedBetty Mon 28-Jan-13 22:25:20

I'm guessing you're not a cute toddler waving like a loon geekette? grin

Good to hear from you Pumble, sorry you're feeling so wiped out, stick with it, hoping to hear you're feeling the effect of the ADs soon!

Re bath probs, I've seen a few things on Pinterest that might tempt P1 back into the tub?
-You can fill an ice cube tray with water and food colourings, then drop the colourful ice cubes into the water and chase them around until they melt.
-When DS was ill and grumpy at Xmas I blew bubbles while he was in the bath.
-Have you got any bath crayons? Might be worth trying to draw stuff together?
Hope one of those tickles your fancy! xx

DonkeysDontRideBicycles Mon 28-Jan-13 23:42:37

That is a great idea, coloured ice cubes in the children's bath!

Train drivers who wave smile. Wrong season for parks I guess but nice to add variety to a walk. I must have worn out the path to our supermarket, it wasn't efficient shopping but got post-birth weight off.

Pumble Tue 29-Jan-13 06:13:41

Mr pumble woke pumblett2 when his alarm went off at 5:15....not impressed....confused

magimedi Tue 29-Jan-13 11:32:02

Naughty Mr Pumble - but am sure he was v.v. sorry.

I still wave at trains!! And I am not a toddler.

Don't worry about feeling wiped out - it's hard not to feel like that at this time of year, let alone with two young pumbletts.

So good that you are going out every day, that's really positive.

DeepRedBetty Tue 29-Jan-13 12:35:47

<charges through waving madly (rather like one does at a train driver come to think of it...)> Can't really stop for a proper post just wanted to touch base.

You could smack Mr Pumble's bottom - or would he like it too much? grin Save it up for when you've got the energy for ahem having fun in bed rather than merely crashing out in there?

Pumble Tue 29-Jan-13 14:40:43

Please pumblett 2 go to sleep!!! smile

DonkeysDontRideBicycles Tue 29-Jan-13 15:50:00

Getting my quota of fresh air soaked do you think having to push a pram/pushchair enhanced the exercise aspect? Maybe time for one of those granny tartan shopping trollies!

Hope DD2 got a cat nap.

Pumble Tue 29-Jan-13 20:30:23

Thanks for bath ideas. Already use bath crayons but love the ice cube idea. She is happy paddling in pumblett 2's baby bath and for us to wash her but she won't sit down in it. She goes to climb in the big bath and then freaks our just before getting in. Am going to try to tempt her in the bath with a friend. Even mr pumble, pumblett 2 and me didn't tempt her in the other evening! Mind you it was quite a squeeze!!

You mean there might be a time when I have energy for things other than sleeping in bed in the future....?!wink

Pumblett2 pretty much didn't sleep all day, but thankfully wasn't too screamy as a result!

Feeling ok today, despite wanting to kill mr pumble first thing... grin

Sunnywithshowers Tue 29-Jan-13 23:01:43

Hi Pumble I hope Mr P is quieter tomorrow smile

Sleep well xxx (that's for all the Pumble family)

DeepRedBetty Wed 30-Jan-13 09:35:16

Morning. Did Mr P manage to get up without setting the klaxons off?

Pumblett 1 will get into the bath eventually, when she feels like it. As long as she's vaguely hygienic it doesn't matter how you get her that way. ddtwin 2 was off baths for a few days when she slithered over and banged her knee, but she got back in when she saw ddtwin 1 had discovered a new game involving sliding backwards and forwards (and sloshing vast amounts of water out of the bath).

Sun's out here - yay!!!

DonkeysDontRideBicycles Wed 30-Jan-13 13:01:54

Really nice here after filthy wet morning - I used to love putting my DCs in wellies and see them stomp in puddles. Our "Yuk hate bath" phase with DS eased when he saw DD enjoying her bath. Still had to coax him in but a shared bath helped. He wasn't wild about going in pools or the sea either until she proved it was fun! so maybe naturally cautious unlike his DSis.

Pumble Wed 30-Jan-13 20:40:46

We had a good day today but I am finding everything so, so knackering! We have no plans yet tomorrow which worries me a little but I'm sure we'll cope...

DH being an absolute star tonight as Pumblett 2 is unsettled and he is up with her, rocking the crib, so I can have a glass of wine and supper. I keep offering to swap, but he says that I deserve some time out! I'm watching a recorded episode of doctors blush

An early start again as pumblett 2 hasn't quite managed to get enough coordination to suck her thumb so woke up frustrated (and v snotty) at 5ish and then when she finally dropped back off, pumblett 1 stirred, and then when she settled, pumblett 2 started again and so on and so on!!

Pumblett 1 now calling for me.... better go....

Sunnywithshowers Wed 30-Jan-13 22:31:43

I'm probably a bit late, but raising a wine to Pumble and all of the pumbletts.

You sound fantastic smile even though you're knackered.

Big hugs xxx

magimedi Wed 30-Jan-13 22:36:21

Mr P sounds like a star.

Hope you get a good night tonight.

xx

DeepRedBetty Thu 31-Jan-13 15:37:06

Hi Pumble - good day?

Pumble Thu 31-Jan-13 19:23:07

Ok day but wishing pumblett 1 was less poorly so was having her normal long nap!

Mr pumble off out to a meeting in a little bit and for some reason I am terrified of being here in the evening on my own with them both. I guess it's because it's not my best time of day and neither is it the pumbletts best time of day with pumblett 1 being ill too. Fingers crossed - not sure how I will be in two places at once.....

magimedi Thu 31-Jan-13 19:55:40

You'll be fine, Pumble - am holding your hand & making you brew & offering you wine for later.

Just look how far you've come since your first post here - you are a real star.

Mr P will be back before you even know it! And you will have done it & coped. Yest another little step!

(((X)))

magimedi Thu 31-Jan-13 19:56:21

Yes not yest - fat bloody fingers again!

This thread is not accepting new messages.