Note: Mumsnet has not checked the knowledge, experience or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk, so this is not necessarily the best place to seek help if you're feeling seriously distressed or suicidal. Mumsnet cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you need help urgently, please see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice and support.

Driving away

(1000 Posts)
Pumble Fri 28-Dec-12 00:52:13

I don't know where to post this and don't know what to do. I'm sitting here crying again with my 5 week old dd2 and just know that the best thing I could do for both of my girls is to get in the car and drive. If dd2 ever goes to sleep that is what I must do. I won't be leaving them alone and it will break my heart but it's what will be best for them. They deserve so much better than the useless failure of a mother they have.

I don't know why I'm posting this. I guess to feel less alone

Greenkit Fri 25-Jan-13 00:15:20

Im on nightshift again so im here if you need me grin

Pumble Fri 25-Jan-13 02:24:36

Pumblett 2 wide awake and unsettled after just feeding. Oh joys hmm. When she does this she tends to be awake for at least a couple of hours-bollocks, bollocks, bollocks. After a really tough evening with them both I really didn't need this. Evenings avd nights are getting tougher and tougher and pumblett 1 is really struggling at the moment too.

DonkeysDontRideBicycles Fri 25-Jan-13 02:45:28

Just glimpsed this on way to bed.
Hang on in there Pumble. Nearly the weekend. She's in another time zone tonight evidently. Hope another MNer comes along here soon.

Greenkit Fri 25-Jan-13 03:12:06

Im here

What happens if you just put her down and leave her?

DonkeysDontRideBicycles Fri 25-Jan-13 03:15:58

Maybe Pumblett2's managed to catch some zzzzzzs! now really am off.

DeepRedBetty Fri 25-Jan-13 09:00:11

Are the Pumbletts both still snotty? Very difficult to get them to sleep when they're so little and feeling off colour. You may be carrying a bit of the cold too, making you feel extra rough.

Saturday tomorrow - yay!

Pumble Fri 25-Jan-13 09:35:17

Yes, both still snotty. Pumblett 2 gets v snotty in the evening which I'm sure doesn't help her thing to sleep. Have raised head of Moses basket but not sure how much it helps!

Pumble Fri 25-Jan-13 09:36:50

I wrote a whole reply which seems to have disappeared...

She did go back to sleep smile. She was in Moses basket the whole time and not screaming, just unsettled if that makes sense?

Hope you got some sleep after being up so late donkey

Fingers crossed today is a good day...

DonkeysDontRideBicycles Fri 25-Jan-13 13:01:57

You are kind for asking it's my own stupid fault Pumble tend to read/watch tv/MN until stupid o'clock when am in house on my own. DD is away and so was DH until just now. Used to shrug off late nights but it catches up with me now! NB am worse with interrupted or disturbed nights - so utter sympathy...

Enough of me how are you? Sorry Pumblettes are laden with cold. My mum used to say mind out for sinusitis after a prolonged infant cold. Luckily bunged up-ness never got so bad that we had to resort to snot extraction with bulb pipette (sorry, bon appetit if you are eating lunch).

Pumble Fri 25-Jan-13 19:30:59

Just checking in (in case I have a bad night with the pumbletts) that today has been a really good day for the pumbletts and me. We met up with a very old friend and had a fabulous day and she said how wonderful the pumbletts were and what a great mummy I was. Not sure I believe her but a lovely thing to say, especially about the pumbletts. Please remind me of today if I post and say his bleak everything seems later... smile

DonkeysDontRideBicycles Fri 25-Jan-13 19:36:23

Oh that is such a boost Pumble she would hardly say that for no reason, she must have meant it. I hope you treasure that nugget, yes we'll remind you of this if you falter.

magimedi Fri 25-Jan-13 19:42:26

today has been a really good day for the pumbletts and me. We met up with a very old friend and had a fabulous day and she said how wonderful the pumbletts were and what a great mummy I was.

I am sad that there isn't a 'whoope-do-da-day' smilie on this forum!

Little steps & you sound so much better.

Makes me happy!

Sunnywithshowers Fri 25-Jan-13 21:32:29

So glad you've had a good day Pumble grin

Pumble Sat 26-Jan-13 20:22:43

One of those evenings...

Urgh, my sympathies... Ear plugs in!

DonkeysDontRideBicycles Sat 26-Jan-13 20:52:25

I am sure Mr Pumble is a steady partner and will share these times you are a good team and allow for any venting. Once you have attended to her needs, put ear plugs in you can give yourselves a break now and then if you take it in turns.

How was DD1 today?

geekette Sat 26-Jan-13 22:35:37

good luck with tonight pumble.
hopefully ear plugs will be great for a bit of rest.

DeepRedBetty Sun 27-Jan-13 02:06:00

As requested a reminder of your post from Friday night...'today has been a really good day for the pumbletts and me. We met up with a very old friend and had a fabulous day and she said how wonderful the pumbletts were and what a great mummy I was'.

There'll be more days like that. And you'll remember them better than the days and nights that the Pumblettes spent bellowing at you.

Have you tried that truly gross but apparently effective snot-sucking aspirator device?

Hi Pumble, how did last night go, and how are you?

geekette Sun 27-Jan-13 09:20:24

hi pumble, hope you have a better day.

Hope you had a quiet night Pumble xx

geekette Mon 28-Jan-13 04:59:10

pumble? you there?

DonkeysDontRideBicycles Mon 28-Jan-13 12:27:38

Hello, hope the Pumble household is getting along all right.

Pumble Mon 28-Jan-13 19:52:33

Hello all. Sorry to have been quiet - been absolutely shattered and hardly managed to do anything other than to look after the Pumbletts!

We have been surviving, although I was horrible to Mr Pumble yesterday, even though he didn't really do anything. I was just snappy all morning - it wasn't his fault - just me.

Pumblett 1 is beginning to get a little better which is good but she is very mummy centric at the moment and seems to have developed a fear of the bath but we are having lots of snuggles which I hope are helping. Pumblett 2 isn't quite so screamy in the evenings which is such a relief although they are still pretty challenging....

Is it ok that I still find it quite hard to get out and about and have to force myself to do it and see people? I am doing it, but I would still quite like to curl in a ball a lot of the time...

DonkeysDontRideBicycles Mon 28-Jan-13 20:21:26

Hi there nice to see you, it isn't meant to come over as bossy or shouting for attention blush smile
I think once on an even keel you'll feel more inclined to go out and do stuff. For now especially at this time of year, without being a hermit, nothing wrong in pacing yourself, not committing to loads of stuff but occasional meet ups. Are you okay about friends dropping by? Better a cheery "Take us as you find us" and welcoming one mum in for an hour than go to huge lengths to play hostess then feel stressed or beleagured.

Definitely try for a spell of fresh air each day, I do think it helps Pumbletts and good for you too. Half an hour will do, build up as weather improves?

This thread is not accepting new messages.