Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Feeling alone

(5 Posts)
SnowyMouse Thu 27-Dec-12 20:05:02

I have schizoaffective disorder. Recently I stopped my antidepressant with permission from CMHT. They are now suggesting I should go back on it, but I don't feel I'm depressed enough to do (antidepressants don't necessarily help mild/mod depression). I don't really have anyone to talk to about it as my cpn has just left, with no replacement yet. I'm also not sure they'll listen to my side of not wanting to be on meds for years.

I'm not sure what I'm asking really, just feel pressured and in a bit of a spot.

Crawling Fri 28-Dec-12 20:17:00

I have bipolar type scizoaffective do you have depressive type or bipolar type? and what meds do you take? It is up to you whether you take meds or not but when ill we probably aren't the best judge. so it may be worth taking meds until you have a new cpn who will support you better then deciding a plan with your new cpn about quitting meds and at what point you want them to suggest you start taking meds again. You don't mention anti pyschs do you have them?

SnowyMouse Fri 28-Dec-12 20:20:53

I have to get through til a week on Wednesday, that's the next time I'll be able to talk to anyone.

SnowyMouse Fri 28-Dec-12 20:22:22

I have depressive type, taking clozapine (antipsych), just stopped lofepramine (antidepressant). You're probably right re: taking meds, thanks.

Crawling Fri 28-Dec-12 20:35:50

I just think it may be easier and safer for you to quit meds when you have the right support. network to help you when you are struggling.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now