Note: Mumsnet has not checked the knowledge, experience or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk, so this is not necessarily the best place to seek help if you're feeling seriously distressed or suicidal. Mumsnet cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you need help urgently, please see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice and support.

CBT

(3 Posts)
Pickles77 Mon 24-Dec-12 12:39:50

Could anyone reccomend a therapy book on CBT I can use alongside my current counselling sessions as its a very long wait for CBT in my area and i can't afford to go private. TIA

bellamafia Mon 24-Dec-12 14:43:15

Hello
My first thread. Ive just joined and cannot explain how happy its made me finding Mumsnet.

I too am looking for a CBT book to read before i start my counselling sessions since i was diagnosed with depression...(its still slightly weird me saying that)

I read on an NHS forum from someone else suffering from depression about a book called THE POWER OF NOW by ECKHART TOLLE. Ive just bought this and read the first couple of pages. Its fab!

All the best.

colette Mon 24-Dec-12 14:56:10

There is a great website that has CBT modules www.llttf.com/index.php?section=page&page_seq=13

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now