Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Hold my hand

(5 Posts)
HeartOfDixie Sun 23-Dec-12 17:52:53

Brilliant, now you can have some RL support and hugs. But we mumsnetters are always here as well, what ever the season.

Ameybee Sun 23-Dec-12 17:36:01

Thank you x had to admit to them how I was feeling as I can't go downstairs yet. SIL was very understanding as has been through it herself too.
Its the snowball feeling I hate, thinking things will never get better. X

HeartOfDixie Sun 23-Dec-12 17:25:28

Hand hold coming your way. I second everything fuzzpig has said. I'm sure others will be on to help as well. What's getting me through is to pretend I am actress on a stage playing the part of 'well me'. I also chant something I read on here: feelings are not facts. It's helps me to remember that things can and will change. Sending you ums mumsnetty hugs

fuzzpig Sun 23-Dec-12 16:49:47

Sorry you feel like this sad depression/PND is awful.

You have not failed though. It is ok to be sad. There is something about Xmas though, that can amplify any bad feelings - all the merriment just contrasts so starkly with how you feel inside sad it is easy to put pressure on yourself to keep a brave face on at this time of year, I have done this myself.

You haven't let anyone down. Your family will be fine. Honestly xx

Ameybee Sun 23-Dec-12 16:33:23

Been feeling very low for couple of weeks & had previous PND, can feel it coming again sad. At family Xmas do trying to put a brave face on & hold it together but really struggling. Sat upstairs crying. Feel like I've failed everyone again & failed as a mum. Don't want to ruin Xmas for my DH DD and DS x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now