Note: Mumsnet has not checked the knowledge, experience or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk, so this is not necessarily the best place to seek help if you're feeling seriously distressed or suicidal. Mumsnet cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you need help urgently, please see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice and support.

I'm done

(14 Posts)
CrispyHedgehog Sun 23-Dec-12 15:05:45

It's been the 3rd in a row of spectacularly shit years.
Relationship ended - which was a good thing
I was raped
My pct are refusing to fund surgery that I desperately need.
Had a letter yesterday from the dwp basically saying that my chronic conditon is miraculously cured and to go on JSA instead, except I can't do that until after the holidays and wtf am I supposed to live on in the meantime? Plus I'm not eligible for JSA because I'm not well enough to work, unless I can find a super tolerant, flexible employer.
So far today I have had 17 abusive messages from my 22 year old daughter because I didn't give her the money for the christmas food budget (she'd have spent it on cannabis) and she doesn't approve of the food that I bought.

Seriously? it's enough now sad

lougle Sun 23-Dec-12 15:07:41

That is a horrible year sadDo you have friends/family you can see?

CrispyHedgehog Sun 23-Dec-12 15:10:30

Got a friend popping in shortly but she can't stay long.
Can't go to my mum's cos that's where my daughter is and I just don't have the energy to deal with her roaring in my face

amillionyears Sun 23-Dec-12 16:38:32

I am very sorry sad. That is a very long, and awful list.
I think I counted 5 major problems.
Normally, in that instance, there is normally one problem at the heart of things, but I dont think there is in your case.

Which would you like to talk about first.
The rape stands out to me
Do you want to talk about that first, or your immediate money worries.

Not sure I have all the answers btw, but hopefully others on MN will post as well.
I am thinkink that talking about the rape might be useful for you to start a different thread on a different board about that?

amillionyears Sun 23-Dec-12 16:39:56

If your DD is as safe as she can be right now at your mothers, I think I would be tempted to try and ignore her posts right now. That must be difficult to do though.
It may be time to concentrate on you.

aroomofherown Sun 23-Dec-12 16:43:40

That does sound like a long and horrible list sad

You do know that you were right not to give money to your daughter though? Despite her assault of nasty messages.

It's a hard time of year. Especially if there are money worries. Sorry to hear it's crap for you at the moment.

CrispyHedgehog Sun 23-Dec-12 17:17:38

Thank you
She's safe million, she's not a proper junkie type of thing, just smokes weed too much and acts like a brat. I just feel sorry for my mum cos she's getting the brunt of the ranting.

My lovely friend popped in with her husband and I managed not to cry the whole time they were here. They offered to take me home with them for the duration but I can't go because I'm an only child and it wouldn't be fair to leave my mum.

aroomofherown Sun 23-Dec-12 17:36:54

Oh I didn't mean to sound as though your daughter was a full blown junkie - just that I know what it's like when cash is short and there is a temptation to blow it on non-essential but fun items.

amillionyears Sun 23-Dec-12 17:39:59

Is your mum coping ok or okish with your DD?
If she is, it is time to look after you.

A good break does everyone a favour imo.

CrispyHedgehog Sun 23-Dec-12 17:56:09

Yes, mum's ok, my son is there with his g/f so hopefully he'll keep a lid on daughter a bit.

The cash thing has only been an issue since I got the letter yesterday, although daughter is broke because she spent all her money on weed. I would have been ok but now I've no idea what's going to happen because I've got no money coming in for the foreseeable future :/

I just feel like going to sleep and never ever waking up again.

amillionyears Sun 23-Dec-12 18:35:08

re the money.
I dont know anything about that side of things.
I think for that bit, you may need to post about it on another board, such as money matters, or chat which gets more traffic.

CrispyHedgehog Sun 23-Dec-12 18:50:55

Thanks Million, no I don't understand it very well either. Not much I can do about til after new year anyway I think.

TheSilveryTinsellyPussycat Sun 23-Dec-12 23:52:42

Crispy you can appeal. Check out the Benefits and Work site for some basic info (although to get full guide you need to take out membership)

susanann Wed 26-Dec-12 23:29:59

Crispy the benefits people are back to work tomorrow, Thurs 27th.
You have had some awful things happen to you, Im so sorry.
Have you had counselling for the rape? If not maybe you should consider it?
Take care, hope xmas wasnt too bad x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now