Note: Mumsnet has not checked the knowledge, experience or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk, so this is not necessarily the best place to seek help if you're feeling seriously distressed or suicidal. Mumsnet cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you need help urgently, please see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice and support.

feel so down

(5 Posts)
roundabout1 Sun 23-Dec-12 21:43:47

dont - thank you. Well I spent most of the time in tears and felt better for it. I think with dp grieving I daredn't indulge myself with tears in case & have had lots of stress regarding dd & dont want her to see me upset over that. So my mini meltdown earlier was the culmination of lots of things & Christmas was the final straw. Thanks for the hand holding x

donteatthefiggypudding Sun 23-Dec-12 21:00:57

there's so much pressure to ENJOY YOURSELVES at Xmas! Allow yourself to be abit miserable, roundabout. Bear in mind that this will pass; in a couple of days Xmas will be over, DP will start to feel better once he has grieved, we have reached the shortest day so days are getting longer now. little comfort, perhaps, but things DO change. x

roundabout1 Sun 23-Dec-12 12:16:47

Thank you. No real rl friends that can help tbh. We all have horrible flu/cold thing thats still lingering so dont want to contaminate anyone with & have become quite isolated because of dd's illness. Nobody seems to want a miserable friend. Dp is taking the kids out for an hour so I can present wrap so I suppose it will be a break. Dp had a bereavement in the family so is very distant at the mo anyway, he doesnt deal with emotions. It's just everything mounting I suppose & this is meant to be a happy time although I know in reality it isnt for many. Thank you

donteatthefiggypudding Sun 23-Dec-12 11:54:39

sending you a mumsnet <hug>. christmas is such a stressful time of year. do you have a rl friend who can help for an hour or so so that you can take some time for yourself?

roundabout1 Sun 23-Dec-12 11:51:20

I feel at breaking point, its been a hard year. Dd1 has been ill since beginning of Jan with what they think now is chronic fatigue, this possible diagnosishas only come in the last month or so. Before that just endless gp & hospital appointments feeling like I'm or she is making it up. The last few weeks she doesn't go to sleep until the early hours, I also have a 2 yr old that hardly sleeps and is still being bf only because I can't seem to break the habit as when I try to withold it she screams & wont sleep. Dp works long shifts and we have no family nearby to help. I am so tired, the lack of sleep I can just about cope with but the lack of any quality time to myself is really getting to me. Its Christmas and all I want to do is cry.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now