Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Christmas stress is pushing me over the edge

(10 Posts)
peachypips Mon 24-Dec-12 19:59:31

That's really good. Sometimes a little time passing can help a lot!

bluebiscuit Sun 23-Dec-12 12:53:26

Christmas can be a stressful time anyway with 2 little DC. I wouldn't worry about the fact that you have been feeling overwhelmed because it's a big undertaking for most people with or without depression/anxiety. It sounds like you are managing well, the only thing I would say is to think about what has caused the most stress and how you might lessen the stress for next year.

Personally, with lots of relatives living nearby, I ask that they come after lunch because mass catering is too difficult for me and I also want to prepare it with dh without having to entertain people etc. our DC are a bit older than yours (makes a huge difference to the workload - significantly reduced at ages 4 and 6) and they will happily play with the presents they've opened whilst I sort stuff out. See what troubles you and how you can reduce it.

TheJoyfulChristmasJumper Sun 23-Dec-12 12:35:20

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

peachypips Sun 23-Dec-12 10:21:46

How are you today?

TheJoyfulChristmasJumper Sat 22-Dec-12 21:43:25

nightshade Sat 22-Dec-12 20:57:53

Have a sleep, then work out what u absolutely have to do eg turkey . Organise to do it. When you get the main one or two things done then anything else is a bonus! I bought my turkey today and intend to do nothing else. Haven,t even written a card.

peachypips Sat 22-Dec-12 20:56:11

Hi- hope you are ok. I hate depression more than anything else; it is the worst thing that has ever happened to me!
I was on 200 Sertraline and 40 mirtazapine but am on 50 Sertraline now. If it's been working up to now something chemical has prob changed. Any chance your period is due? This really affects my mental health issue.

TheJoyfulChristmasJumper Sat 22-Dec-12 20:52:16

40thisisit Sat 22-Dec-12 20:37:08

Hi don't know if I can actually help but I can speak from someone who has suffered depression and also my dad is currently in a pschcyiactric (sp) unit at the moment. Ok the most important thing for you is that your worries are real and not made up, I feel for you. Are you alone?

TheJoyfulChristmasJumper Sat 22-Dec-12 19:29:19

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now