Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Borderline Personality Disorder

(420 Posts)
frillynat81 Tue 18-Dec-12 21:43:13

Hi there...

Just thought I'd start a new thread to see if there are any mumsnetters with BPD who'd like to come chat, share how they're feeling, coping techniques, experiences etc.

smile x

UnicornCentaur Sun 10-Feb-13 22:20:08

sex is usually one of my things too, alongside this cigs and the alcohol and the binge eating....

trouble is I tell myself its just sex and have a few casual partners so I don't get too attached to anyone, but it doesn't always work. My latest disaster was with older very married woman though and the upheaval of that is keeping me on the straight and narrow for now!

frillynat81 Mon 11-Feb-13 23:42:03

I find it hard to get attached to people nowadays. I mean of course I adore my family and existing friends that I've had for years but when I met new people I find it so hard to make connections and stuff. I mean, the guy I've been seeing, i like him and stuff but i don't feel as close to him as I should be if that makes sense??? I feel sorry for him in a way because I think he likes me way more than I like him.

illustrated how are you? are you feeling any better?

unicorn i hope you don't mind me asking but are you male or female? i noticed you talking about the 'married woman'. Only asking because of the whole BPD being predominantly a 'women's illness'.

UnicornCentaur Tue 12-Feb-13 04:38:16

frilly - I don't mind at all. im female and the woman thing was new for me.

I guess I met her and decided she was perfect. she told me she loved me but couldn't leave her marriage and had never been attracted to another woman either. Eventually I resented it so I havent seen her for ages and I think thats best

frillynat81 Tue 12-Feb-13 17:35:29

that's so sad unicorn but i guess these things happen huh?

I'm feeling very anxious today, very irriatated, can't sit still and have been doing the foot shaking thing practically all day. Roll on the day of this assessment!

Illustrated Tue 12-Feb-13 23:58:36

Frillynat I feel the same way about making connections with people. I've completely isolated myself from everyone, I'm so lonely but I know making new friends is just impossible for me, I long for a few of my old friends from childhood.

I'm still no better. DP told me today he has no respect for me. I don't even care anymore, probably because its what I already suspected. I feel all numb right now, I locked myself away in the bedroom today and just lay there.

frillynat81 Wed 13-Feb-13 11:30:37

illustrated you are so young to be sounding like you have gave up! why don't you try using Facebook, Friends Re-united etc. to try to track down these old friends?

Also, it sounds as though this partner of yours is making you a lot worse and you'd be a lot better just you and your wee girl. Do you have no family you can turn to? If it was me I would maybe consider a visit to the CAB to see what benefits you'd be entitled to if you were a single parent.

Have you had a look on here for house shares? Or on the internet? Just to get rough ideas of how much rent you would need to pay?

I'm sorry but I'm pretty crappy at advice but I know that I'm a good listener if you ever need an ear so feel free to PM xx

Hi frilly just to answer your question, I only see at the most two in a week and that would be one night each.
I'm actually amazed at how much stuff I get done nowadays!

frillynat81 Fri 15-Feb-13 17:25:59

What it is to be popular maggie!

I've noticed that the thread has been so quiet the past week or so, hope everyone is well.

I'm back in touch with my pysch nurse. Felt weird speaking to her yesterday for the first time in ages. Kept running through my head, is she pissed off with me, dissapointed...I was more worried about what she was thinking about me than I was about myself. My head is a mess.

Why would she be pissed off/ disappointed? If I were her I'd be pleased that you had got in touch before you'd really started having trouble coping!

UnicornCentaur Wed 20-Feb-13 01:28:06

frillynat its really good that you can get in touch before the shit hits the fan, so i'm sure she's neither pissed off nor disappointed!

How is everyone this week?

frillynat81 Wed 20-Feb-13 09:37:54

Ugh, I'm majorly fucked off. Just got shit going on with my dad (he has paranoid schizophrenia) and it's driving me mental. I'm sitting here shaking after a confrontation with him.

I have my initial assessment with the psychiatrist and psychiatric nurse on the 27th after being referred back to mental health services. Feel sick about it if I'm honest.

Sorry guys, just not in a great mood today.

I know how you feel, except I've got (touch wood) what should be positive but it's already stirring things up, I prefer being on an even keel, hate ups nearly as much as downs.

UnicornCentaur Wed 13-Mar-13 16:26:31

its got very quiet on here. is everyone ok?

frillynat81 Thu 14-Mar-13 16:51:14

Yeah I noticed that too. How are you unicorn?

UnicornCentaur Thu 14-Mar-13 19:16:19

hi frilly

im ok thanks. in that frustrating place where things aren't good but they aren't bad enough for anyone to sort them out. im just.waiting to see.what happens and it's frustrating!

I went out and got hammered last week and had inappropriate sex with a stranger, who turned out to be much younger than me blush. Thats a sign things aren't good

How are you?

frillynat81 Thu 14-Mar-13 20:19:43

oh dear unicorn, how much younger are we talking here?!

I'm ok, bit argumentative and moody atm. anxiety problems are bad too ie. dizziness, twitchy, shakes etc. had a few visual hallucinations too.

UnicornCentaur Thu 14-Mar-13 21:38:28

He was 18 blush its not terrible because I'm in my twenties but I would never normally go for younger guys. it was bad!

sorry to hear you aren't feeling good, are you seeing the cmht atm?

frillynat81 Fri 15-Mar-13 11:34:10

grin listen unicorn, i've always fancied trying a toyboy! i got hit on by an 18 year old the last proper night out i had but i'm 32 so it was a no-go.

i had an assessment with a psychiatrist and psychiatric nurse a few weeks back and i'm meeting with the cpn in a few weeks but don't know what will be happening from there. i'm just finding it a very confusing time tbh, a lot of unsettling feelings bubbling away inside me and i just want to try and start to get well again sad

UnicornCentaur Fri 15-Mar-13 11:55:02

Well I can report that 18yos are not where its at! bless him he was lovely and v enthusiastic but hadn't really got a clue blush.

I think I feel quite similar to you atm but I haven't had much luck with cmht because im not that bad. I don't have a cpn and im not sure why.

I hope things start to settle down for you soon

frillynat81 Fri 15-Mar-13 12:54:27

hmmmm sounds as though you're a bit here nor there atm then?! my cpn is lovely, i was lucky to get the same one that i had before i was discharged the first time. i'm not sure if i'm going to be seeing a psychiatrist or not, i'm presuming so as i'm sure my medication needs tweaking a bit.

UnicornCentaur Fri 15-Mar-13 14:52:10

all over the place is a good description!
I last saw a psychiatrist 3months ago, when she changed my diagnosis from bipolar 2 to BPD. she said that medication isnt the recommended treatment for BPD isnt medication so they won't give me anything except the fluoxetine and mirtazipine I was already taking. im not entirely convinced its working but I'm not sure what else to do. I am only seen 3 monthly by a psychiatrist and I have counselling weekly in term time too. Counselling was really helpful at first but has got stuck in a rut and now I dont have another apt until May.

I see the psych next friday and im not really sure what to say. What do you think?

frillynat81 Fri 15-Mar-13 20:38:17

well just tell them how you feel and the things that you've been getting up to if they are concerning you? i always write things down if i'm finding them hard to get your head round things or that. it's always best to make the most of your appointments. can you remember any days where you felt particularly low, high, moody, angry, anxious etc? have you indulged in any impulsive behaviours (well, yes!!!). anything you can think of, write down and at least it's there if you want to discuss it.

god, i bet i sound daft lol

UnicornCentaur Fri 15-Mar-13 23:05:35

course you don't thats really helpful! sometimes I think that I don't make the most of my appts

I also worry that they think I'm not taking it seriously. Like she said stop drinking because it doesnt help and largely I have, but I can very quickly end up on a bender whereby im horrendously drunk and having sex with someone I shouldn't. Or ive spent money I don't have on crap or ive eaten 6 massive blocks of chocolate or ive hurt myself.... the list is endless but if I have controlled myself except.for a few days in 3 months obviously most of my appt is dealong with why I couldnt do it the rest.of the time. it must make her think shes wasting her time surely? sad

frillynat81 Sat 16-Mar-13 00:38:25

no it isn't wasting her time as it is her job to support you to the best of her ability and if she felt there was no more she could do for you, you'd be discharged. just tell her how you feel and be honest. say it how it is.

was it your current doctor that spoke to you about bpd and medication? I take 4 different meds and I'm a total nightmare without them.

it really does show you though how messed up bpd has made our lives. it's sad sad

frillynat81 Sat 16-Mar-13 00:43:11

my symptoms lately have been snappy and argumentative, moody, binge eating, overspending, sending inappropriate text messages to other men, frequent bursts of foul language/rage type outbursts etc.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now