Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Just sending a big virtual hug to anyone who needs one...

(12 Posts)
meugler Tue 18-Dec-12 19:36:05

...or a 'I'm thinking of you' for those who don't like hugs.

I've been reading through a lot of the threads in this forum lately and I know that Christmas can be a really hard time of year for many people so I just wanted to tell everyone who is struggling that I care.

My own situation is history of severe childhood abuse, upsetting break from all family, raising two children on my own, have PTSD, anxiety, have attempted suicide in the past (before DCs) and used to self-harm. I haven't found any definitive answers on how to cope, or heal, or thrive, but - most of the time - I do find ways to enjoy life.

I don't like the run-up to Xmas at all, despite trying to make it 'magical' for my DCs: I get confusing memories of happy times within my abusive family, along with a great sense of loss of a safe childhood, and other loneliness, and also I always feel there's a mania about Xmas as everyone rushes around trying to get ready which doesn't agree with me at all! I know I'm not the only one feels this way.

From where I am, just wanted to reach out and hope all of you feeling as I do, that it's all rather a struggle, enjoy at least one part of each day for the next week or so and find some comfort and happiness somewhere too.

Awwww lovely idea thanks for posting this.....

Christmas hugs back to you too & hope you find some joy in Christmas through your DC's.

Let the other silly buggers race around you do what works for you & yours!

smile grin

Crawling Wed 19-Dec-12 18:39:33

thank you sending Christmas hugs back to you too.

aPirateInaPearTree Wed 19-Dec-12 18:44:51

meugler, sending one right back to you too.

what a nice thing to post, it's a great mantra for us all, to try and find one part of each day to enjoy.

thankyou.xx

RockingAroundTheBloodyXmasTree Wed 19-Dec-12 18:49:48

Hugs back to you too! xx

Pickles77 Wed 19-Dec-12 18:50:19

I'm very low today, and you just made me cry. What a lovely post.
Big hugs and Christmas wishes back to you smile

Bumping for those of us who need a virtual hug as full of lurgy.

(& keeping real hugs away)

Merry fecking christmas-thanks kids! grin

Christmas love and hugs to you all.

SnowProbs Mon 24-Dec-12 15:06:15

Thank you and right back at ya!

I find Christmas very hard. Bad childhood memories, and it has been a very very tough year this year in particular. Feeling low, but good to know others feel the same, as sometimes Xmas makes me feel like an outsider looking in...

Trying very hard to be jolly for my kids, though...merry Christmas! X

jessjessjess Tue 25-Dec-12 01:50:00

Hugs to all who need them.

Monty27 Tue 25-Dec-12 02:00:26

Muegler what a thought provoking and beautiful post.

You sound amazing.

Have a successful day smile

cpbp Tue 25-Dec-12 10:58:21

Muegler, how lovely of you.

Wishing you and all the very best xmas has to offer.

Xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now