Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

This blip has lasted long enough - combining antidepressants?

(6 Posts)
WithanAnotE Sat 26-Jan-13 21:13:56

Adding another AD can help augment overall effectiveness of the combined meds. I think where one particular drug has worked well but is now not so effective adding another is seen to provide a bit of an overall boost.

Adding Mirtazapine as the second AD isn't that unusual - it has quite a unique chemical structure which (apparently) 'works nicely' with other classes of AD.

I know my GP has started prescribing combo therapy to other patients (used to just be the psychiatrists) so may be it's become more 'established'????

Anyway, hope things worked out for you OP.

flowerbomb1982 Fri 25-Jan-13 21:54:06

Hi I know this is quite an old thread but yes I have experience of feeling unwell whilst on Cipralex they call it "breakthrough depression" sometimes. They added 15mg Mirtazapine and it seemed to work.

Lottieloulou Tue 11-Dec-12 21:28:35

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Lottieloulou Tue 11-Dec-12 18:04:30

tilder Mon 10-Dec-12 22:56:48

Hi lottie. Sorry its not going so well. I don't have experience combining drugs as used one kind only for pnd. That wasn't enough so gp recommended counselling. Was surprised but the two things together worked for me. Is it worth discussing with your gp?

Lottieloulou Mon 10-Dec-12 22:52:51

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now