Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Prozac

(5 Posts)
HellesBelles396 Sun 16-Dec-12 17:55:09

when you said you'd just been prescribed Prozac, how long ago was that? mine took about 3 weeks to kick in.

ItsOkayItsJustMyBreath Sat 15-Dec-12 14:21:39

How are you feeling OP?

FWIW I have tried lots of different ADs and Prozac is the only one that has ever helped to stabilise my mood, it doesn't make me happy but it makes things seem more manageable.

I agree about Christmas btw!

smileyforest Tue 11-Dec-12 21:15:17

Ok.....I'm hoping it will help...always seem to get depressed at Xmas time! (:

HellesBelles396 Tue 11-Dec-12 20:00:49

Hiya, I started off on fluoxetine and it made a huge difference to my depression. It wasn't a long-term option for me but I was on it for 8 months before phasing onto a low dose of citalopram.

smileyforest Mon 10-Dec-12 14:04:16

Hello...just been prescribed this as been feeling so low with stress caused from wrk/hours I work/single parent etc etc. Did take a short course when my marriage ended (EA)...and helped a lot. Now Divorce is all happening ....I get my Nisi...very soon....happy but very sad about it too....have a difficult Mother who thinks I should 'just pull myself together'......and is very difficult and rude in front of my new man who is a really lovely caring chap. Dont live together but spend every weekend together....she hated previous H and just goes on about 'never seeing me' etc etc......just feel so down about it all....can never get things right....
Anyone have experience on this medication???

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now