Note: Mumsnet has not checked the knowledge, experience or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk, so this is not necessarily the best place to seek help if you're feeling seriously distressed or suicidal. Mumsnet cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you need help urgently, please see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice and support.

Sertraline and any other AD's Support Thread Part 2

(929 Posts)
PackItInNow Fri 07-Dec-12 13:48:03

Just a continuation from the original thread, which is due to finish soon. Anyone and everyone needing some kind words, and hand-holding, are more than welcome smile.

Meant to say. I take my sertraline at 7.30am ish. Works well for me.

doodlepigs11 Fri 03-Jan-14 11:36:57

Hi everyone, I just wanted to say hi. i am not sure if anyone has a similar experience to me? I started taking sertraline last year after a very sudden onset of severe anxiety which had me waking up very early physically shaking and nauseous, vomiting, no appetite unable to keep any food down, difficulty getting to sleep etc. constant worrying. I gradually began to feel better and felt back to normal after several months. I continued with the sertraline 100mg until October and then on advise from doctor weaned off them over about 6 weeks. Last week I had another very similar situation, woke up shaky, nauseous, no appetite, so I have gone back on the tablets. I am very worried if I have done the right thing? Was this just withdrawal or the problem recurring? Did I come off too quickly? Now I am scared I will never be able to come off them.

Unhappyness Sun 05-Jan-14 19:25:23

Hello smile

Didn't realise this thread was here, or I wouldn't have started a new thread about sertraline.

So far have taken 3 tablets of 50mg of sertraline and it's really not a nice experience. Have felt much more anxious since taking them, and my head felt very wired (though that is slightly better now).

I also have the dry mouth and the jaw clenching, and no appetite but to honest I can deal with the physical symptoms it's the increased anxiety that is killing me sad

My GP has given me them for mild depression/anxiety and I didn't expect to feel worse!

teawomen Sun 05-Jan-14 20:36:50

Hi all. Unhappy that's cold be the side effects they should ease after a week or two. Sertraline has worked wonders for me currently on 100mg. Nice to have a thread like this to see how others are doing. I've been on it since mid October. Massive difference in my confidence and enjoying activys with dd. still have irrational thoughts from time to time but haven't had a full blown panic attack for a long time x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now