Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Sertraline and any other AD's Support Thread Part 2

(929 Posts)
PackItInNow Fri 07-Dec-12 13:48:03

Just a continuation from the original thread, which is due to finish soon. Anyone and everyone needing some kind words, and hand-holding, are more than welcome smile.

Rumours Tue 02-Apr-13 18:36:12

Thanks for the chicken chiggers and the brew and biscuit.
Ds1 is off to see the croods on Sunday with his friends, he's really looking forward to it.

Chiggers Tue 02-Apr-13 20:43:24

Well worth watching IMO, but then I am a big kid grin. Heading upstairs to do this Oil Cleansing Method and see if it actually works but if not, I'll use the rest of the olive oil for cooking with (I'll be decanting small amounts at a time to keep it hygenic).

Anyway, I'll bid you all a good night and hope you sleep well tonight smile

uptothestars Fri 05-Apr-13 03:55:48

This is weird. I've not been awake like this in a while (during the night) it's been 3 hours now, going over the same things in my head, having the same conversation with myself over and over again. Doubting myself. Trying to convince myself I did the right thing. Coming up with all the 'evidence' I can to prove I was right.

Can't remember any of my CBT techniques on how to stop it because I can't concentrate on how to think of them.

Feels like I'm back at the very beginning (I know I'm not, I'm fine otherwise)

Chiggers Fri 05-Apr-13 21:07:55

Sometimes dificulties stop us from going back, which can mean that you're meant to ride through this so that you can move forward to the next stage of your treatment (CBT) IYSWIM.

I know it sound daft, but I learned to trust in my insticts and they got me to where I am now. When I read your last post, my initial instinctive reaction was to think that those doubts you have could be stopping you from going backwards, and that you need to slowly move forward (ride the rough patch out) to get to where you have to be for the next step in your CBT.

I hope that makes sense.

uptothestars Fri 05-Apr-13 21:55:38

It does make a lot of sense. Think I was just having a moment!
I have been fine today. (I've been shopping...I'm always ok when I'm shopping wink)

I finished my CBT a couple of months ago. Not had to use it too much since so probably why I couldn't remember!

Chiggers Fri 05-Apr-13 22:01:30

It was like your doubts were telling me that there was no point in going back as it's all done and dusted (put to bed) IYSWIM, so the only way to go is forward.

Chiggers Fri 05-Apr-13 22:02:19

Retail therapy is pretty good.

uptothestars Fri 05-Apr-13 22:04:40

You're right. It's all done with. Need to concentrate on the future now smile

Love a spot of retail therapy! Had some birthday money that was burning a hole in my pocket!

PainForLife Sun 07-Apr-13 19:51:51

had a really freaks dream so now I feel completely out of sorts today & really sad. I don't wanna eat anything or talk to anyone sad I just wanna stay in bed & be sad!

Chiggers Mon 08-Apr-13 07:34:18

Pain, don't be worrying about it, just make sure you have plenty of fluids like water, fruit juice and milk. The juice and milk will provide some nutrients until you feel like eating. It's times like thiese that you could maybe do with a vitamin and mineral suppliment to make sure you're getting the right nutrients in between eating. The juice and milk won't provide all the nutrients your body needs so this is why I'm suggesting the suppliments smile.

Got to go and sort kids out, they're dressing themselves up as scruffbags this morning. I guess they must be half asleep still grin

Chiggers Mon 08-Apr-13 07:38:31

Hmmm, was just thinking that if I gave DS an electric guitar, he could go into school dressed like Angus Young from AC/DC.

Sorry folk, I'm going off on one again grin, Ignore me on this post wink

PainForLife Mon 08-Apr-13 14:53:04

Thanks chiggers I still feed the same today have snapped at everyone this morning without any cause!

PainForLife Mon 08-Apr-13 15:00:48

that was feel*

I'm just thinking about walking out of my house getting in a bus to somewhere & not coming back. just sit somewhere & have lots n lots of fags sad maybe get drunk (I've not had a drink since 10 years ago!!!) sad sad sad

Rumours Tue 09-Apr-13 12:04:53

painforlife how're you feeling today?
I felt so low last week, even though I'm on 150mg now it's still a bit of a rollercoaster. I just wish things would even out a bit. I am feeling better today though smile, just hope it lasts.

PainForLife Tue 09-Apr-13 12:44:27

hi rumours glad to hear ur feeling better. I'm not doing that gud, very painful & restless night. family getting on my nerves & I just want to be left alone but they don't quite understand that. I just want to leave & go somewhere where no one knows me!

my mum keeps trying to feed me when I don't want to eat & dad keeps talking about letters arghhhhhh (deep breath). I'm going all I can to avoid gaping into a meltdown but I feel it's near!

PainForLife Tue 09-Apr-13 12:45:23

oh so many spelling mistakes -sorry.

Rumours Tue 09-Apr-13 13:35:52

Oh pain I'm so sorry, sounds like you can't see the wood for the trees, everybody is trying to help you because they love you and care, but they're doing it the wrong way aren't they. Is there anyway you can get away for a few days, some alone time to gather your thoughts and feelings. Maybe a daft question as I know I couldn't do that, no family near by to have the kids etc. you can't think straight when there's so much around you.

PainForLife Tue 09-Apr-13 13:54:04

I would love to get away only I wouldn't be able to physically. my body doesn't unfortunately support me in my running away plans (I've got a few physical ailments).I really need to get away though if only for a few hours otherwise I'll explode I think which will be horrible for everyone as I will say/do things I don't mean sad

VitoCorleone Wed 10-Apr-13 09:37:39

Hi everyone, may i join in?

I started taking Sertraline a couple of months ago then ran out and missed over 10 days worth of pills, ive just started back on them on Saturday and feel like absolute shite.

Side affects are even worse this time round (TMI alert) every morning im stuck on the toilet with diarreah, throughout the day i feel my stomach churning and am scared im gonna shit myself. Come tea time im good for nowt, feel like i have no energy at all, just nodding off on the sofa, can barely move.

Got a good 11 hours sleep last night but still feel knackered.

Last time i started these the side effects wore off after a few days (dont think the tiredness did though) so im just waiting for them to go. Darent drive because i feel so out of it, dont want to be in public incase i need the toilet. Its just bloody awful.

I suffer with Social Anxiety Disorder. Also waiting for a CBT appt to come through.

VitoCorleone Fri 12-Apr-13 08:53:20

How have i managed to kill such a long running thread sad

PainForLife Fri 12-Apr-13 09:20:18

morning vito

ofcourse u haven't killed the thread chiggers and the others will be along soon.

I was admitted into hospital yday after another relapse so am currently am on the ward sad

as for sertraline unfortunately the side effects aren't very nice but once they settle which can take a few weeks u will find it useful. for me the worst side effect was night sweats.

VitoCorleone Fri 12-Apr-13 09:45:12

Oh im sorry to hear that Pain hope you're ok

My stomach has settled a bit and i dont feel as tired now, but im having the weirdest, most vivid dreams (more so than usual) that make me feel on edge. Im still a bit jittery and jumpy too.

PainForLife Fri 12-Apr-13 16:57:45

thanks vito I'm doing ok. hw has ur day been? hope better.

I'll be staying until Tuesday it looks like but I'm finding I'm actually ok with that. I think as it's my second time I already know what to expect sad

<<waves at everyone else>> hope ur all doing ok. chiggers hope ur well.

VitoCorleone Fri 12-Apr-13 21:18:27

My day has been good, its DPs birthday so we've been for a meal wich is lovely but its sets my anxiety off big time and these pills arent really taking effect yet, but it was nice once we'd got the food and i didnt have to converse with waiters etc

Ijustbluemyself Mon 15-Apr-13 23:59:28

Just a quick question. I've been on sertraline for just over 10 weeks, originally on 50mg, now on 150mg which seems to be the right dosage.

Now my doctor is away this week, then all booked up the week he's back which is when I need to go to get my next prescription. I've booked in with another doctor, but would it be better to ring up on the day and try and get an emergency appointment so I can see my regular gp?

I don't think I'll need to change the dosage, I just need the prescription, what's the standard thing to do?.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now