Note: Mumsnet has not checked the knowledge, experience or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk, so this is not necessarily the best place to seek help if you're feeling seriously distressed or suicidal. Mumsnet cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you need help urgently, please see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice and support.

Sertraline and any other AD's Support Thread Part 2

(929 Posts)
PackItInNow Fri 07-Dec-12 13:48:03

Just a continuation from the original thread, which is due to finish soon. Anyone and everyone needing some kind words, and hand-holding, are more than welcome smile.

EastRogen Tue 29-Jan-13 15:26:24

Hi Dawn, sorry to hear you've had a bad day. Did something horrible happen or was it just one of those days where everything that can go wrong, will go wrong?

EastRogen Tue 29-Jan-13 15:43:40

I hope everyone is having , at least, an OK day. <<hugs Dawnand offers brew>>

Dawndonna Tue 29-Jan-13 16:22:29

A combination of bickering twins and things going wrong and just finding life all to much. Poor dh, who is severely disabled, stepped up to the mark, bless him. I don't remember the first half of the early evening at all, just that it was traumatic. Give it a while and these sodding tricyclics will kick in.
How are you today?

EastRogen Tue 29-Jan-13 18:53:16

My day went OK actually. Sat in class, cracked on with the work needing doing (Maths, Biology, English Literature notes etc). DH was signing on, so had to pick up the kids. I asked DS's teacher if I could nick the class to practice my presentation on and she could pick a subject that would be beneficial to the kids. She's to get back to me on that, so I guess she'll be clearing it with the head.

Am heading to a friend's house now, so won't be back on until the morning, but do take care everyone, and I'll be back tomorrow.

Middy86 Tue 29-Jan-13 20:22:22

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

EastRogen Tue 29-Jan-13 21:46:50

Really sorry to hear that you're not having a great day Middy. Welcome to the thread by the way smile. Here have a wee brew

I'm heading off to bed now, but I'm sure someone will be on here at some point to offer some support. That's what this thread is for. It's for people who could do with a bit of hand-holding, kind words and support in general smile

uptothestars Tue 29-Jan-13 23:10:42

Middy how are you doing now?

East, I'm kind of ok thanks for asking. How are you?

PainForLife Wed 30-Jan-13 02:32:03

hi all,
how is every1 doing? hope a bit better than y'day smile

I feel like I took 5 steps forward & 10 steps back. feel like I'm further back than before. thank u all for the kind words & perspective on what the nurse said the other day. I know ur all right & I should not read so much into it but I really can't stop thinking about it. I keep picturing it & have been having nightmares where I wake up in cold sweats!

on the plus side I'm on 300mg quatiapine & 150mg veneflaxin plus now sleeping tabs (a lot of good there doing I'm still up!) not self harmed for the past few days, been trying very hard to ignore the voices hasn't been easy sad

EastRogen Wed 30-Jan-13 07:53:13

Morning good ladies smile, how is everyone today? I hope you're all doing OK at the least.

Stars, I've been getting over myself grin, and about time too.

PainForLife Wed 30-Jan-13 22:27:46

not a good night just self harmed, cut up my arms & legs sad

EastRogen Thu 31-Jan-13 08:33:53

<<hugs Pain tight>> Oh Pain, I hope you have been in contact with the CMHT about this. You can't go on living like this sweetheart, it's not good for you sad. Please see your MH team and ask to be taken into hospital voluntarily. It might be the only chance you get to receive the treatment you so clearly need. If you do decide to do that, then don't forget to tell them every injury you've inflicted on yourself.

From your last post, I sense that you don't really want to self-harm, but that you're finding it hard to ignore something you've done for ages.

There is no need to feel shame about your situation. I see it as you having a problem, so you simply need to find a solution OR a way to treat your problem.

EastRogen Thu 31-Jan-13 17:20:43

Good evening ladies. How is everyone today?

PainForLife Thu 31-Jan-13 19:40:22

evening East,

how r u? hope feeling better than before. how is everyone else doing? hope better.

I'm doing ok I guess not much change. will be seeing the psychiatrist tomorrow so hoping that will make a difference. but then again it's the first appointment so not ssure I'll even be able to say much. at least today has gone by without doing anything stupid.

EastRogen Thu 31-Jan-13 20:04:52

Pain, carry some paper and a pen with you and write down ANY questions you may want to ask. As soon as they come into your head, jot them down.

Also, do the same with all SH injuries that are as far back as 3-4 weeks ago. Especially the ones more recent that the psychiatrist and your MH team don't know about since the last time they saw you. Record any feelings that you remember having around the times you SH, including any relief you felt afterwards.

This information should provide your MH team with a clearer picture of why you SH and they should be able to tailor you medication and therapy needs even better. TBH, any info you can give will help.

PainForLife Thu 31-Jan-13 20:11:01

thanks East that is great advise. I will definitely jot everything down. if not them it will definitely help me if I forget something.

EastRogen Thu 31-Jan-13 22:05:42

It just came to me that I tend to go and see the GP about something, then as soon as I get there, I forget what it was grin

Tis old age catching up on me grin. You could start writing things down tonight, the date, time of the most recent SH injuries, feelings before and after the injuries, and anything thing else that you think could be relevent and will give your MH team a clearer picture of what they're dealing with emotion-wise IYSWIM.

Anyway, going to bed now as I'm knackered. I hope you have a better day tomorrow and that you have a good meeting with your Psychiatrist smile.

Will catch up with you tomorrow.

Take care of yourself sweetheart.

PainForLife Thu 31-Jan-13 22:10:01

thanks East good night to you to sweety smile

EastRogen Fri 01-Feb-13 07:31:44

Good morning Pain, how are you today? I hope you got a good night's sleep last night and are feeling a wee bit better smile.

I was also meant to say to you that no matter what time of the night it is, always have your pen and paper to hand. That way, if you wake up with feelings to SH, then you can jot it down while you're awake.

Don't forget to let us know how the meeting with your Psychiatrist went. I hope it goes well for you smile.

Will be back later as I've to go to GP and get my BP taken and collect prescription for the pill.

Catch you later.

Chiggers Fri 01-Feb-13 07:46:56

Sorry ladies, I got fed up with my NN, so I changed it again, but if you're wondering who it is, it's PackItIn/EastRogen. I was listening to SeasickSteve and had an inspiring moment when I heard the song Chiggers. Has a certain ring to it.

Babyblueyes Fri 01-Feb-13 10:22:39

Hi All, I'm new to the site and think it’s lovely how you all support each other and offer advice. I’m kind of hoping I can get in on the action.
I suffer from Anxiety Disorder (Panic attacks, agoraphobia and general anxiety) I’ve had this for almost 2 years now (since my daughter was born) although I believe the anxiety has been there my whole life undetected or manageable so it didn’t seem a real problem. Anyway, after two years of trying to fight this with no meds and some CBT my doctor has finally agreed I am fighting a losing battle and prescribed me 50mg Sertraline. Although because I am only 5’2” , barely 7stone and hypersensitive to most drugs I have decided to only take 25mg (not sure if that was the right thing to do or not) either way I’m on the 9th day of taking these meds now and a little concerned as to whether what I am feeling is normal or not. Basically I feel like a complete zombie. I feel constantly sick, have an awful taste in my mouth (no matter how much I brush my teeth) and feel dizzy and faint every time I stand up to do anything. I’ve spent the last two days led on the sofa snoozing (the best I can with a two year old) and can never seem to shut off and sleep more the two or three hours through the night. What I really want to know is, is this normal for me to be feeling like this? Should I have taken the full 50mg or would the side effects be much worse? Will it get better? And what is the best time of day to take the meds? Or should I go to my doctor for advice and a change of meds?
Sorry to bombard you with all these questions, I do strongly believe that this can all be answered more honestly by people who have experienced this rather than a doctor reading from a textbook.
Thank you for any advice offered &#61514;

Chiggers Fri 01-Feb-13 10:36:49

Good morning BabyBlue, welcome to the thread. Here, have a wee brew and a biscuit.

Will be back soon, I've a bit of housework to do, but shan't be long.

Take care

Chiggers Fri 01-Feb-13 10:38:48

Meant to say that most of the good ladies on here knew me as PackItIn/*EastRogen*, but I name-changed as I was getting bored of the previous 2 nicknames grin.

Chiggers Fri 01-Feb-13 10:39:45

Anyway, I'll be back soon after I've done my housework

Dawndonna Fri 01-Feb-13 13:00:58

Hi, hope everyone is doing okay.
I have been to the Doctor's today. Bless him, he asked if I was not well, and said he'd never seen me like this, how's that for cheering you up! He is a fabulous GP though, he listens. So, we have agreed an increase in meds, because as he says, what I'm taking isn't touching the sides. So, here we go, I may actually sleep tonight! Hurrah!

Chiggers Fri 01-Feb-13 16:10:51

Hi Dawn. it's nice to hear that you have a great GP who is willing to help you smile. Hopefully the increase in your AD will do the trick.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now