Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Sertraline and any other AD's Support Thread Part 2

(929 Posts)
PackItInNow Fri 07-Dec-12 13:48:03

Just a continuation from the original thread, which is due to finish soon. Anyone and everyone needing some kind words, and hand-holding, are more than welcome smile.

PackItInNow Fri 25-Jan-13 11:32:09

Hi Dawn. It's not so much doing the presentation per se, it's doing in fromt of a class of adults. If I was asked to do it for my DC's classes, I could do it no problem, but to do it in front of my class, well, I just can't do it.

I could do it in front of the lecturer with no-one else there, but not a class.

I can't get someone else to do it because the admissions office wants to see the people doing their own presentations. I think it's to gauge the standard of mature students on the Access course.

I feel like I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place TBH, and it's really getting me down. If life had thrown death of a relative, or anything else at me, then I could deal with it, no problem.

Dawndonna Fri 25-Jan-13 12:35:24

Okay, but if a student asked me to do it alone, given the circumstances, I would agree. So, quiet word with lecturer. If they say no, which is the worst that can happen, deep breath, get on with it, and just think, okay, soon be over. Good luck, I know it's awful, but it is worth sticking with it.

PackItInNow Fri 25-Jan-13 12:59:37

I'd get as far as the deep breath and just freeze. I would literally be so petrified that I'd be unable to do the presentation.

Will ask the lecturer if I can do it, but not in front of the class. I am shaking right now, just thinking about it. I really want to do this, but my terror at standing in front of my class stops me. It's a kind of irrational fear that I can't explain IYSWIM.

Dawndonna Fri 25-Jan-13 13:16:06

I was the same. I also used to take my exams alone, and got 15 minutes extra time for every time I threw up!
I now regularly stand in front of large groups of people and bore the arse off them! grin

PackItInNow Fri 25-Jan-13 13:32:36

LOL @ boring the arse of people. You have a wonderful way with words grin. Thanks for making me smile Dawn, I could do with a bit of cheering up smile

Funnily enough exams don't bother me at all, but doing a presentation is a different kettle of fish altogether. I would probably bore them to death by freezing. Do you think that would work? grin. I'd make a good statue though......

PackItInNow Fri 25-Jan-13 14:02:55

Thanks Dawn for your good sense of humour. You're helping me get back to my usual chirpy, positive, mad self.

I'll ask about doing my presentation separately and hopefully I can choose something that no-one know much about.

I'm in NI and was actually thinking of explaining the difference between Celtic FC and Rangers FC. The main reason is because a lot of people in NI seem to think that Celtic is a catholic team because if the green and white colours, and that Rangers is a protestant team because they wear red, white and blue confused. Never mind the fact that both are Scottish teams.

I once heard Celtic FC being described as a 'Fenian' team, which I felt was totally uncalled for. If only people like that would actually do some research into what a 'Fenian' is, they would find that a fenian is an ancient Irish warrior, not a fecking modern day footballer who wear green and white team colours. Besides, how many Celtic players are over 300yrs old?

They've got it all wrong, but I'll leave them in blissful ignorance because they probably won't want educated on that aspect, so I'll let them be with their bigotted ideas.

Anyway, gotta fly and see how the DC have been doing at school.

Take care

PackItInNow Fri 25-Jan-13 16:45:23

Back again. How are you all doing today? I hope all you good ladies re doing OK and are having a better day.

PackItInNow Fri 25-Jan-13 19:14:44

Am away to bed ladies as the AD has kicked in and I'm feeling very drowsy. I'll be back tomorrow though, and I hope you all have a decen't night's sleep smile.

Good night and take care folks smile.

Hi, I hope everyone is ok and those not feeling so great are feeing a bit better?

I am still in hospital and on constant obs.

On 100mg sertraline now.

ThatVikRinA22 Sat 26-Jan-13 00:05:53

you feeling any better for it fluffy? im on 100mg and cant say im feeling much better....very up and down.

not posted for a few days. hope the rest of you are ok...

PackItInNow Sat 26-Jan-13 08:04:49

Morning Vicar, morning Fluffy. How are you both this morning? Have missed both of you posting, but glad you've both posted again.

Fluffy, everyone is unique and individual so where 100mg of Sertraline is quick to take in one person, it may not be so quick to take in another, so it could well be that your body is slowly adapting to the higher dose.

Vicar, I hope you start feeling better soon. Have your meds just been increased or have they stayed the same for a while?

PackItInNow Sat 26-Jan-13 08:17:01

For anyone reading my post about Rangers FC and Celtic FC, I was meant to put in that the word 'Fenian' is derogatory (sp) slang for Catholic. It's a word I totally despise angry, and I believe there is no call for using it except in the proper context.

Anyway, enough about small-minded people. How is everyone today? I hope you all had some good quality rest last night.

Dawndonna Sat 26-Jan-13 13:35:28

Good morning all.
hope everyone is okay.
Fluffy hope things improve quickly.
Vicar I hope you start feeling better soon. I've read a lot of your posts, and know that life isn't easy for you.
Packitin Not only do I bore the arse of people, somebody, somewhere is daft enough to pay me for doing so, now that's the funny bit! grin

Dawndonna Sat 26-Jan-13 13:36:53

off
Sorry!

PackItInNow Sat 26-Jan-13 15:07:46

Dawn, getting money for boring people is one way of keeping a roof over your head grin. At least when they're sleeping, you don't get any arguments either, grin, which I'm sure id even better wink. Keep calm amd carry on comes to mind for some reason grin. Or in your case, 'Keep boring and make a wage'.

You know Dawn you have inspired me to talk about boring stuff. My idea is to put them to sleep so I don't have to worry about being nervous grin. Well, everyone will be sleeping, so I can talk to their sub-concious instead. By the time they wake up, it'll all be over.

ANyway, enough of the boring stuff wink, how are you doing today?

PackItInNow Sat 26-Jan-13 15:29:44

Fluffy, I hope you've had a better day today so far, and I hope your meds start kicking in soon and you start feeling better smile.

Vicar, Maybe it would be an idea to go to your GP and let them know that you're feeling up and down quite often. TBH, I wouldn't have thought this is normal for most AD's and I also have a suspicion that your current AD isn't working like it should.

I hope you get it sorted and feel better soon smile.

PainForLife Sat 26-Jan-13 17:21:34

sorry guys but need to moan!!!

so just had a visit from the home team as per their normal daily visits. the b***h thought it would be good to tell me that children of parents who commit suicide or harm themselves tend to do the same! she didn't think that would upset me she just wanted me to live for the sake of my child & think about the impact it would have on her. FFS how would like a comment like that help me in anyway! I tol her to get out , I'm done with them I don't ever want to see any of them again. they can all go to hell. I'm so upset & angry right now I just wanna scream out loud.

I keep picturing my daughter hurting herself now this me g about it & I can't get rid of these horrible thoughts! sad

I keep thinking what if she is right & I'm to blame for whatever my daughter goes through in her life.... I'm a terrible mum as it is I don't wanna be responsibor ruiningmy y daughters life I really should kill smyself if only to spare myself from the heartache of watching my child go thorugh the same sad sad

turnedupsidedown Sat 26-Jan-13 17:50:25

Lots of love for you all.
I am sorry not to have posted. Increased to 100 mg of sertraline-my head has stopped whizzing round in thought processes which is a relief. All 4 of my children have had a nasty bug so have cabin fever-went out yesterday for the first time in 2 and a half weeks.. Hope to pop in more often.....

EastRogen Sat 26-Jan-13 19:58:04

Pain, I'm not sure she was aiming to upset you, but simply that she wanted point out that your DD could well follow what you do and if you kill yourself, you could be sending her the message that it's OK to commit suicide to get away from MH problems. Maybe she wanted you to live for your DD so that your DD can learn, from you, that it's better to get help for MH problems as opposed to taking her life IYSWIM. So please Pain, don't kill yourself, you've got so much more living to do yet. For your DD and yourself smile.

You know Pain, you can get through this and when you do, that will be one heck of an example you'll set to your DD smile. Not only that, but we would miss you if you took you own life. Please go to your GP and ask to be referred to a different CMHT or at least tell your GP/Psychiatrist that you don't want that particular team and will not have any of them in your house.

If it helps any, come on here and rant if your need to. That's why I started the thread.........so that people like your good self can rant and vent, and hopefully feel better afterwards.

Turned, please do pop in more regularly. If you feel it doeas you good to come on here, then work away. We're all here to give and receive support as and when needed, as well as some kind words.

Would love to stay and natter, but the AD has kicked in and I'm feeling really drowsy, so will have to head up to bed now, but good night lovely ladies and take care of yourselves smile. Lets hope tomorrow is a better day for all of us smile

pain you can request not to see certain members of the crisis team, not everyone suits everyone, she is not the right person for you

EastRogen Sat 26-Jan-13 21:48:19

Good evening Fluffy, how was your day today? I hope you had a better one.

Will read your reply tomorrow as I'm extremely drowsy, so am away to bed now.

Anyway, take of your good self and will chat tomorrow smile.

EastRogen Mon 28-Jan-13 07:15:24

Hi Folks, sorry, I forgot to say that I NC (was getting bored of the last NN), but it's PackItInNow. I may change back to my previous NN if I get bored of this one grin.

uptothestars Mon 28-Jan-13 22:55:57

I was so confused cos it sounded like you but obv with a different name. Wasn't sure if asking if you'd NC was the correct etiquette so to speak!
I was comparing your posts and everything trying to work it out.

Too much time on my hands I think wink

EastRogen Tue 29-Jan-13 07:50:26

Aye sweetheart, tis the same old PackItIn but with a different nickname. As I say, I got bored of my last NN, so changed it. Only problem was that I forgot that people wouldn't recognise me grin. I can be so dopey at times smile.

Anyway, how are you sweetie, how have you been keeping? I hope you've been keeping well.

Have to zip off to college in a wee mo, but will be back later on (this afternoon around 4ish).

Take care y'all good ladies and I'll be back.

Dawndonna Tue 29-Jan-13 08:20:55

Morning all. Hope everyone is okay.
Bad, bad day yesterday, hope today is better.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now