Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Forgot to take meds!

(5 Posts)
SnowedInToo Wed 05-Dec-12 21:06:20

The leaflet that comes with it should give advice.

Lostgirl27 Wed 05-Dec-12 16:22:06

Thanks. I really want to take another one, I'll maybe just take another one before I go to bed, I really don't want to feel like this tomorrow.

FireOverBethlehem Wed 05-Dec-12 16:18:04

Dont, just start taking your usual dose and build it up in your system again.

I've miseed odd tablets as a one-off but not for nearly a week, so I guess the horrible feeling is effectively going cold turkey, which you're not meant to do with anti depressants. Just taking another tablet won't stop that as it will take time to work into your system.

Lostgirl27 Wed 05-Dec-12 16:14:32

Anyone??? sad

Lostgirl27 Wed 05-Dec-12 15:59:15

I am on 20mg of citalopram daily and I've forgotten to take them since Friday last week. Had moved house and lost then, out of sight out of mind! Just found my meds this afternoon and have taken one but I feel like crap, think its the start of withdrawal symptoms. Would there be any harm in taking another 20mg today to try and rid this horrible feeling??

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now