Note: Mumsnet has not checked the knowledge, experience or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk, so this is not necessarily the best place to seek help if you're feeling seriously distressed or suicidal. Mumsnet cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you need help urgently, please see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice and support.

Clonazepam for anxiety - I just fall asleep!

(2 Posts)
Rominy Wed 14-Nov-12 12:22:04

Been on citalopram for 9 months now and it has helped a lot but the anxiety is still an issue, moreso lately. Dr prescribed clonazepam (I was hoping for something fast-acting for when a panic attack is coming on but she said this was better).

But when I take the clonazepam I pretty much fall asleep! Okay I don't feel anxious while I'm doing it but it's not helping my issue of avoiding doing things because I'm anxious! I don't do things because I'm asleep instead!

Any advice? Will it get better?

tabbycat15 Thu 15-Nov-12 05:14:43

What dose are you on. I take 0.5 & can still drive. Valium made me fall asleep. Maybe see if your dose can be adjusted.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now