Note: Mumsnet has not checked the knowledge, experience or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk, so this is not necessarily the best place to seek help if you're feeling seriously distressed or suicidal. Mumsnet cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you need help urgently, please see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice and support.

community mental health team

(11 Posts)
wannabestressfree Thu 15-Nov-12 08:58:04

If you have any specific questions I am happy to answer them. Inpatient varies depending on where you are/ what they deem necessary. An available by pm x

kilmuir Wed 14-Nov-12 18:15:53

the child in question is nearly 13, very sad for all concerned, just wanted to know what family should expect.
what sort of provision is there should she need to be admitted.x

Alameda Wed 14-Nov-12 15:20:49

oh I do remember you then, from another thread a long time ago - hope you are well?

apologies to OP for hijack

wannabestressfree Wed 14-Nov-12 15:15:58

He moves there November 26th from one in Birmingham [we are in Kent]

Alameda Wed 14-Nov-12 15:13:24

Is your son in a secure unit in Ealing - you seem familiar? Sorry if not. If so, that's wonderful that home is on the horizon at last x

wannabestressfree Wed 14-Nov-12 14:42:06

We are just looking into that now Alameda as DS is moving unit and they are tentatively talking about when he comes home on a community order.
I take comfort from the fact they seem pretty good :}

Alameda Wed 14-Nov-12 14:19:45

in fact she's just been referred to an 'early intervention' team which is strange because she's spent a couple of years in hospital from the age of about 14 confused so am not sure how early it really is?

Alameda Wed 14-Nov-12 14:17:03

An adult teenager?

I found the community/outpatient support through CAMHS highly variable and at times very frustrating but the inpatient staff (or their outreach when on leave, sorry, the terminology is blissfully fading at last now she is 20) excellent by comparison. Plenty of home visits, putting the time in, finding ways to communicate with her where the adult team (at 16 she was transferred, then they changed it to 18 so she was back to the adolescent team) obviously couldn't be bothered.

These things are always so variable even within never mind across regions though. It might help the family in question to get an advocate and talk to Young Minds and people like that.

wannabestressfree Wed 14-Nov-12 14:11:45

My Ds had lots of community help before he was sectioned. Ranging from CAHMS appointments to chat [not that helpful] to a nurse [male] coming to the house twice a week to see him in a last ditch attempt to keep him out of hospital. Ds liked him and we found it helpful but he was too far gone really and needed inpatient help.

I found the help for us as a family really lacking..........

Ds is still in hospital though over a year later and is viewed as a danger to himself :{

mashedpotatohead Wed 14-Nov-12 14:05:21

Bump

kilmuir Tue 13-Nov-12 20:06:59

Has anyone any experience of them in regard to helping a teenager? Child in question has tried to end their life twice and wondered what the family could expect

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now