Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Cilalopram...

(514 Posts)
YommyMommy Fri 26-Oct-12 14:25:29

I can only handle positive stories right now please smile

I have started on 10mg today for anxiety and depression. I'm do relived to b getting some help and looking forward to feeling like myself...I know it won't work over night but would love to hear success stories!

X x

CuriousMama Sun 28-Oct-12 01:23:35

I had a brill time thanks, loads of dances. That allows me to eat the huge burger dp is cooking for me doesn't it? I think they have zero calories if you're still wearing devil horns? wink

Hello all the new posties smile

YommyMommy Sun 28-Oct-12 08:51:09

Day three in the cItalopram house...

Morning ladies,

Thank you for ur sharing squeezed! So glad you had a nice time curious!

I think I had bit of a better sleep last night. I don't think I was awake for long periods of time just waking up n going back over. Still feeling really tired though. I am slowly getting my appetite back too, but still not really able to eat. I feel like I have a cold coming on this morning, but that could b to do with lack is sleep and food lately sad

Still feel like I don't want to b on my own and I'd rather just go to sleep n not wake up. I think that's the worst part of all of this. And the constant nervous feeling that I'm going to loose control of my senses.

Thanks again to all you lovely ladies, the support has been amazing x x

CuriousMama Sun 28-Oct-12 10:23:41

That's good that you slept better and you feel like eating, all will help you smile

This extra hour is great isn't it? I woke at what I thought was 9.45am and it was only 8.45. Not that I had to get up or anything. Just rousing now tbh. Dp's brought me a sausage and tomato sarnie I think he's fattening me up for Christmas grin

YommyMommy Sun 28-Oct-12 10:37:51

Well my little darlings were still up this morning so never really get any benefit to the clocks going back, lol!

X x

CuriousMama Sun 28-Oct-12 17:08:47

Awww that's a shame how old are they? DS1 is in London and DS2 was at a friends but they're 15 and 12.

CuriousMama Sun 28-Oct-12 17:09:17

Ooops friend's.

YommyMommy Sun 28-Oct-12 17:31:17

That are 4 and 6 curious smile it was my youngest birthday yesterday. X x

CuriousMama Sun 28-Oct-12 17:34:57

Aww how lovely, happy birthday to MiniYM xx

YommyMommy Sun 28-Oct-12 17:57:07

Thank you curious, I'm finding it hard to believe I've had him 4 years already! My eldest is at his friend playing.

I've been feeling really anxious most of the afternoon, but nothing I can't handle! wink

Think I'm starting to get up tight about going into work tomorrow, but it has to b done as I don't want to go off sick again! X x

headinhands Sun 28-Oct-12 18:05:05

Been on it twice. Wonderful stuff. Easy to get used to, few side effects, easy to wean off. I found that as I got better I couldn't notice the effect of the meds. The first time I was on them I probably weaned myself off them too quickly and had a second round a while later.

CuriousMama Sun 28-Oct-12 21:11:43

Good luck for tomorrow.

How is your breathing? Do you find you hyperventilate or that you just don't breathe properly when anxious ? If so there's an NLP tip that works, I've been doing it the last couple of days. I'll find it and post it.

CuriousMama Sun 28-Oct-12 21:12:43

It's on here an anti bullying website that has NLP tips.

YommyMommy Mon 29-Oct-12 08:55:10

Morning ladies,

Well it's day 5 and I'm sitting at my desk in work. This morning didn't feel as difficult smile I'm really hoping the meds have started to do their job and hopefully I can only feel better from now on. I know there will still b tough days ahead, but hopefully the will b a little easier to deal with now.

I actually laughed with my boys yesterday and it wasn't forced. smile

Curious, I usually just get a really tight chest then feel like I'm going to freak out sad

How is everyone else today? X x

CuriousMama Mon 29-Oct-12 11:02:34

oh that tight chest is awful isn't it. You just know you're going to die and it's your heart. wink

So glad they're working already they worked really fast for me too but didn't want to say and give false hope.

I'm doing good today off out in the sunshine soon it's dp's last bit of time off then back to work (nights).

Tc xx

YommyMommy Mon 29-Oct-12 11:20:20

Lol curious grin

I glad they can work quickly. I'm almost scared to admit that I'm starting to feel better case I'm not really, iykwim?

I hope you enjoy ur day in the sunshine with DP! Are you going somewhere nice?

X x

Sparklingbroomstick Mon 29-Oct-12 12:50:19

Hi Yommy. I hope you are seriously impressed with yourself that you are at work. That's very good going. x Are you able to concentrate ok?

YommyMommy Mon 29-Oct-12 12:57:50

Thank you sparklingbroom,

Yes I am quite impressed I made it in grin

I don't have a big work load on at the moment as we are pretty quiet, but I have been able to do the things I have had to. smile

X x

YommyMommy Mon 29-Oct-12 14:30:56

And this afternoon my anxiety has hit the roof again...this is the problem with having too much time on my hands :/

Damn you stupid anxiety sad

Sparklingbroomstick Mon 29-Oct-12 15:42:04

Yommy is it long til you can go home? You may find the anxiety comes and goes and may increase in the first couple of weeks. Hang on in there...

YommyMommy Mon 29-Oct-12 15:55:52

Sparking only another hr to go. I can really leave anything after 4 as we work flexi but would have to make it up done other time! Hmm!

I realise I have some way to go. I only have 4 days left to work then I'm off as I am going into hospital for small Op. so I just need to hang on in there for a few more days smile x x

YommyMommy Mon 29-Oct-12 18:01:23

So my day was ending well until I came home to a phone call from my health visitor. I guess she has been asked to check up on the boys sad I feel gutted by it. My boys are find and their welfare hasn't suffered at all through this episode. This is all made worse by the fact that I don't even like the woman sad

Sparklingbroomstick Mon 29-Oct-12 18:20:51

sad Can you just ring her and say 'they are fine thank you for asking'.?

YommyMommy Mon 29-Oct-12 18:50:09

Yeah I'll try that. I think she'll want to come out n see them at the house. Hopefully she'll come out once and see they are fine and not bother me again smile

cocolepew Mon 29-Oct-12 19:02:52

Good luck for your op smile

YommyMommy Mon 29-Oct-12 19:07:05

Thank you coco, it's not until next Tuesday. Hopefully it will make a big difference for me at my time of the month smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now